Norfolk Newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Boots
Recruit

Re: Norfolk Newbie

Post by Boots »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Boots wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Joe :wave:

Good choice of first make of tank :thumbup:

You have a son to play with, hmm, looks like you'll have to save your pennies for a second tank then :D
The Taigen T34 can be a rather good runner should you desire an enemy for the Tiger 1 to battle ;)

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Thanks Mick,

My son Charlie will be 10 on Christmas eve, he's a big fan of the Sherman so I think that's going to be on the wish list for him. It may have to be a Heng Long though looking at prices of them.
Yeah, the Taigen Sherman's are a bit pricey, I purchased the un painted Taigen Sherman when it first came out at £400 for my grandson when he was 11, it's now £300. And it doesn't come with electronics.
By the time it was finished with an aftermarket board and controller, it worked out our most expensive tank, but it runs very well, and he loves it, and for me, that outweighs everything else.
I have a few of the slightly older dual sound Heng Long Sherman's, and I'm quite happy with how they run.
As for Heng Long quality, I have a few Heng Longs, and find they can be a bit hit and miss, mainly due to their assembly practices. But, some tank versions aren't as good as others due to weaknesses in the running design, mainly with the bigger more heavy tanks on plastic suspension arms.
And yes, some components can be broken or not working when you receive them. But for the money, and that there are so many aftermarket upgrades and spares for them, for the money, I think they are worth a punt.
As for purchasing a Heng Long for a gift, I would in all honesty, purchase it early, then you can try it out and make sure it works properly to avoid disappointment on the unwrapping day.
Thanks Mick that's sound advice.
With all things considered I've just pulled the trigger and ordered the Heng Long Tiger1 6.0 from Howes Models for £109, some slightly cheaper on ebay but Howes seem to have a decent rep. It has both BB and IR functions and barrel recoil so looking forward to it landing and having a play. If I'm happy i'll get the Sherman early as you suggest. Appreciate everyone's help :thumbup:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”