New from Drachten ( Netherlands)

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: New from Drachten ( Netherlands)

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I have brushless in all my cars, boats and drones but not in my tanks, primarily because were not looking for performance and there is no facility to change the esc type in the MFU.

Yes, its far cheaper to buy a 'pro' model Torro for example to upgrading a base model to the same level. Its all down to the depth of your pocket and whether you feel the need to go heavy weight!

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
JD_Skyline
Recruit

Post by JD_Skyline »

General Jumbo01 wrote:I have brushless in all my cars, boats and drones but not in my tanks, primarily because were not looking for performance and there is no facility to change the esc type in the MFU.

Yes, its far cheaper to buy a 'pro' model Torro for example to upgrading a base model to the same level. Its all down to the depth of your pocket and whether you feel the need to go heavy weight!

Yess me too.. I use bl motors for a very long time.. and they are really efficient. But its clear on the brushless..
Hahaha I dont have a very deep pocket but I can save money.. and wait a little longer to buy something I really like...

Grtzzz Joost

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Welkom Joost!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
JD_Skyline
Recruit

Post by JD_Skyline »

Marco Peter wrote:Welkom Joost!
Dank je wel Marco Peter....ImageImageImageImage

tankme

Post by tankme »

I've played around with some brushless motors on my Abrams tank. You would need a tank controller than can be used with external ESCs like the OpenPanzer TCB (currently not available), the ASP (currently not available), the ELMOD, or the IBU2/IBU3. The biggest issue I found with them is finding an ESC with reverse and no deadband. I was told a drone ESC might work, but I haven't tried it yet.

I found I could mount the brushless motors to these gearboxes:
https://www.dklmrc.com/[DK]_Dual_550_mo ... 64952.aspx

Pics of brushless motors mounted on them:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnXipkgDcN-fihTJZ4YtrAKxSeoc
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
JD_Skyline
Recruit

Post by JD_Skyline »

[quote="tankme"]I've played around with some brushless motors on my Abrams tank. You would need a tank controller than can be used with external ESCs like the OpenPanzer TCB (currently not available), the ASP (currently not available), the ELMOD, or the IBU2/IBU3. The biggest issue I found with them is finding an ESC with reverse and no deadband. I was told a drone ESC might work, but I haven't tried it yet.

I found I could mount the brushless motors to these gearboxes:
https://www.dklmrc.com/[DK]_Dual_550_mo ... 64952.aspx

Thats great..I think that BL motors are more powerfull ( not speed wise)and are easier to drive with. More propotional and responsive.. . Good to read that there is an option to hook up an esc to a board.
Would an esc from 1/10 RC cars be an option? Together with a 540 motor?
First I need to buy a tank myself before I can tinkle with BL Motors...ImageImageImage

Just curious how things are going now.. did you made some progress

General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

You'll need two brushless escs, programmable sensored types would be best as brushless cans are not so controllable at low speeds - no timing control with non-sensored. 540 sized cans would be too big to house and you'll get plenty of power from a pair of cans the same size as already in your tank. Frankly, with just low power requirements for 1/16 tanks there's really no point in changing to brushless unless you really want to, just for the sake of it. If you do, go for higher winds and lower kv numbers for better control and longer run time.

Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Introduce Yourself”