Hi from Suffolk, UK

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Skydive130
Recruit

Re: Hi from Suffolk, UK

Post by Skydive130 »

Black Knight wrote:
Skydive130 wrote:Hi all,
I am a British Soldier with 36 years service, 4 to go, yep that makes me old as heck!

My modelling experience is RC aircraft for 30 years and boat building for the past 4. Just to ring the changes I have dabbled with 1 or 2 of the cheaper tanks but am now about to start a Tiger 1 full option eBay bargain. Seems to be a wealth of info on here but I am sure I will have a few questions of my own which I’m sure your guys with the expertise will no doubt help.
Welcome. Always good to have another squaddie aboard - what mob? I'm guessing you weren't a tracie? :clap:
22 years in the RAMC as a combat medical technician followed by 13 years to date in the MPGS. I was extended beyond my 55th birthday this year due to manning shortages but am now seriously considering* my options as it’s not quite the same as the good old days, I won’t go there ha ha!
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Re: Hi from Suffolk, UK

Post by Black Knight »

Skydive130 wrote: 22 years in the RAMC as a combat medical technician followed by 13 years to date in the MPGS. I was extended beyond my 55th birthday this year due to manning shortages but am now seriously considering* my options as it’s not quite the same as the good old days, I won’t go there ha ha!

BZ mate. Plenty of time served. I count my youth as an Army Officer's brat being dragged around the UK from one posting to the next as "Boys Service" :haha: Consequently, when it was my time to join up I became a Bootneck just to piss my Dad off! Spent plenty of years playing around the world before leaving to explore other avenues and I now teach Uniformed Public Services at a local college 8)
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit

Return to “Introduce Yourself”