Hello from a UK newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Tigerjames
Recruit

Hello from a UK newbie

Post by Tigerjames »

Hello, my son has just got his first RC tank, a second hand upgraded Heng Long Tiger, we will post some pictures later ...but currently we have a number of issues with it following a run out today so we need some advise.

Using it today on the wet grass he made a tight turn and the metal track partially came off the front sprocket (He didn't notice at first).

We have realigned the track but now the tank will run straight in reverse, both tracks turning but forwards only one track operates so the tank goes round in circles. :'( :'( :'(

We have tried swapping over the feeds to the motors and when we do none functioning track now rotates forwards and backwards but the other side now only rotates backwards. So I believe I have burnt out an electrical component.....the main control board???

The tank has Taigen board fitted with a fan...do I need to replace this? Also where can we obtain some of the small JST connectors from since the wiring to one of the two pin connectors is loose and keeps popping out.

All advise gratefully appreciated
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello from a UK newbie

Post by jarndice »

The "Introduce Yourself" section of the Forum is somewhere for new members to "Introduce themselves" to the members of the Forum And you have not really done that have you ?
We love answering questions but first we would like to know a little about you,
Where about's in the UK is home, North, South, East or West is enough we don't need to know in detail,
What experience if any do you have in R/C that's the kind of stuff we would like to find out.
THEN the questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Tigerjames
Recruit

Post by Tigerjames »

Apologies and we didn't mean to offend!

We live in the UK in Leicestershire, My son aged 11 is new to 1/16th scale RC models but is mad about tanks.

He has 20 or so Cobi tanks including a radio controlled one, so he decided he wanted to progress to a 1/16th scale RC models especially after seeing them in action at Bovington Tank museum where we have been attending Tank Fest and Tiger 131 day for the last few years.

He is also an avid World of Tanks player!

His first RC tank is a second hand Heng Long Tiger 1 with metal tracks, sprockets, road wheels, suspension and chassis, it is operated via a Taigen controller with a taigen board, the tank fires BB pellets and has a working smoke generator.

We have joined the forum for help and advise and also to see what events and meetings exist in the area for like mined people.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi,Welcome :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Grantham Light Armoured is probably the nearest Tank club to you, It is just off the AI at Great Gonerby,
Details can be found if you go to "Clubs Around the World" which can be found on this Forum, Robw is your best contact.
It was mentioned to you that Dave could be a useful source of Tanks,Spares and GOOD free advise.
He can be found at
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
He and Julie are regular attenders of the Grantham light armoured meets, Tell him in advance and he will bring any orders with him.
Enjoy the Forum and please do ask questions :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Jim! I'm sure you won't regret joining the armour addicts here, but your bank balance might :lolno: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome, and yes, the Grantham meet is will be pretty local. Dave is also fairly local to aid in emptying your wallet..... The Facebook page is here to give you an idea of the set-up https://www.facebook.com/GranthamLightArmouredDivision/ and also some pics from a (local to them) show. Next meet is November, and there are children of all ages present (10-ish to 60-odd)!
Tigerjames
Recruit

Post by Tigerjames »

A big thank you to David & Julie at ForgebearTanks, we emailed their website on Sunday evening concerning a new board and they phoned us back within the hour (We never expected that level of service!). After discussing the issue a new board was ordered - thank you again David & Julie your help is very much appreciated.

Also we hope to get to Grantham meet at some point.

Thank you all for help

Tigerjames and his Dad!
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

your welcome hope to see you there all the best dave and julie :wave:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”