Greetings from Ohio

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
clyde66
Recruit

Greetings from Ohio

Post by clyde66 »

Hello, I want to apologize for lurking here for over a year before thanking you all for the great information being shared and allowing me to join this forum. A Tamiya Tiger I hooked me into this obsession about 15 years ago. Thanks again, Paul
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Greetings from Ohio

Post by jarndice »

Hi Paul, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I cannot believe that you only have a Tiger tank after all these years :lolno:
And if you have we will do our best to cure you of your shortcomings :haha:
The internet and a very few Hobby shops are waiting for your hard earned so please don't disappoint some poor Chinese/Japanese 1/16 Tank/Truck supplier whose needs are greater than yours :haha:
And in the words of John Wayne, "Don't apologise, Its a sign of weakness".
I hope you enjoy your Forum and cease lurking and come inside, We don't bite.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Paul :wave:

So, as you're obsessed, how many more tanks did you end up with after the Tiger 1? As if you're only going to have just the one after 15 years lol.

We have many members that started off by lurking, glad you finally took the plunge.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
clyde66
Recruit

Post by clyde66 »

Thank you! 1/16 Tamiya Tiger I X2, Tiger II X2, Panther, JagdPanther, Pershing, Sherman, Leopard 2A6, IS2, 1/15 Bandai Stug, 1/8 RC Armory Tiger I, King Tiger X2,JagdTiger and my favorite with Mr Ludwigs help a 1/8 scale Hetzer in the works. Presently working on Tamiyas 1/35 Male Mk IV single motor model kit (what I wouldn't give for a proper 1/16 full option tank for WWI). Not all of these are built and some that are , are never finshihed it seems. Before this madness it was(and still is ) rc airplanes.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Wow, that's an impressive collection you have there :thumbup:
Oh yes, if only a 1/16th MK 4 were readily available. I have pondered building one, but it would be the tracks that would either drive me mad making them, or cost an arm and a leg to acquire.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:O 8O , I'll second that, Mick! Talk about hiding one's lights under a bushel!. I'm flabbergasted...even a 1:8 Ludwig special. :sick:
A big welcome, Paul, and you must post some pics of these projects, no matter what state of completion they're in!! Seasoned addicts like a fresh supply of the alternative 'Highs' you're assembling :D
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard, Paul, from the Motor City. I have a 1/6 scale hetzer that's about 75% complete. I started with an old Blitzkrieg armor kit, got rid of their weak Motors, gave her some decent power, 6s lipo, sound, smoke, and, wait for it ... a .50 caliber paintball cannon. @) @) @)

That's quite a little army of Tamiya tanks you have there. Like the Highlander said, photos would be great. We always love photos. And hopefully you weren't hurt by the recent fire at Ludwig's. That was a real tragedy, but I hear he's almost up and running again. What was it that Lone Wadi said? Endeavor to persevere. 8) ;)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”