New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Growbag
Recruit

Post by Growbag »

Hi Everyone
My names Mike but everybody calls me Growbag as many years ago i used to be a landscape gardener.

I live in a little village near Basingstoke called Bramley. Im a keen RC modeller and have every thing from Tamiya Hot shots to Losi DBXL 1/5 scale buggies, Drones and boats. Im just getting into tanks after my partner brought me a Heng long Abrams tank. I know its not the best quality but its great fun in my garden. It takes some rough treatment and so far its not let me down.

No doubt there will be times i need to pick peoples brains about upgrades etc and if i can answer any thing id be pleased to help.
Mike
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Newbie

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Welcome to the forum Mike, good to have you along :wave: a varied knowledge of all things rc is a useful thing to have on the site ( for us less technically minded anyway :crazy: ) :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mike, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
There was a time that the quality of Heng Long Tanks was deemed to be poor but as the only alternative was Tamiyas extraordinarily expensive products we bought what we could afford and strived to improve them,
And now we have this thriving hobby and it is all down to Heng Longs "Toy" quality products rather than Tamiyas "Rolls Royce" standard of build.
I know that Heng Longs Tank products carry a name for poor quality BUT only with those who have not kept up to date with them,
The latest Tanks including the Abrams is the equal of Taigens in some aspects and better in others although Tamiya is still the leader of the pack (Except in RC equipment) anyway enough of my waffling,
Enjoy this place and feel free to ask all the questions you like and anything you can offer such as Knowledge (Decent 12 year old Scotch Whiskey, Chocolate Fudge or Money)would be very welcome :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Growbag :wave:
So, now the question is, are you very short like you need a Growbag, or very tall like you've already used them :think:

I have a feeling you may be helping some of us with your past knowledge :thumbup:

As for owning a Heng Long, they can be hit and miss, but for the money, one doesn't mind putting them through their paces when they are a hit.

Enjoy your challenger and the forum :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
ChobLord
Recruit

Post by ChobLord »

Welcome , may your dining table be strewn with tank parts whilst your life partner gives you disparaging "roll eyes" looks . And if you have no life partner ( who is not interested in RC modeling ) , can the rest of us bundle round yours for pizza & a few bottles :haha:
ShermanChris
Recruit

Post by ShermanChris »

ChobLord wrote:Welcome , may your dining table be strewn with tank parts whilst your life partner gives you disparaging "roll eyes" looks . And if you have no life partner ( who is not interested in RC modeling ) , can the rest of us bundle round yours for pizza & a few bottles :haha:

Haha that's so true, my kitchen side is currently occupied by my tiger build!

Welcome Mike! :)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, 'Capability'! :wave:
I guess you could plant a 1/35 scale Tamiya Tiger 1, and watch it grow into a 1/16 scale full-option model, with your skills o- :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”