Hello from Northampton

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Chrizh
Recruit

Hello from Northampton

Post by Chrizh »

Hi.

New to the forum and tanks. Stumbled across it looking for the answer to a question I had.

I'm really from an R/C car/truck background, bashing and crawling. The latter I do at a club near me, Bedford Electric Radio Control Car Club at Box End, of which I'm a member. They're holding a military day soon, hence the tank!

Really impressed with the quality and attention to detail with the Taigen I bought.
square4
Lance Corporal

Re: Hello from Northampton

Post by square4 »

Welcome to the forum, you will find plenty good info and help on here,you say "hence the tank" you will soon be saying "hence the tanks",
nobody stops at 1. :haha:
I never finish anyth
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Did I read it correctly ? You bought your Tank from a dealer with the worst reputation on this Forum when you live a few miles away from Dave (www.forgebeartanks.com)who is rated as one of the best dealers internationally.
When your Tank needs parts or when you are in the marketplace for a new Tank please widen your search beyond the first name in an on -line advertisement.
Carry on with the Questions, We shall try to answer them although some threads do get sidelined,
I usually blame Mick or Max for such diversions. :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jarndice wrote:I usually blame Mick or Max for such diversions. :haha: :haha:
Cheek, you're one of the worse :/

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Chrizh :wave:

Sadly like myself, when we first start using the web to find and purchase our first tank/s, we usually go for whoever Google shoves in our faces, and don't know about this or any forum till we need answers to problems.

Anyway, enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome: we blame Mick for most things....
There are also tank clubs locally. Grantham (1st Sunday of the month) which Dave (forgebear) tends to visit: cheap postage, but usually finish up buying stuff I didn't know I needed! Also Nuneaton way, not sure about exact when/where.
Chrizh
Recruit

Post by Chrizh »

jarndice wrote:Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Did I read it correctly ? You bought your Tank from a dealer with the worst reputation on this Forum when you live a few miles away from Dave (http://www.forgebeartanks.com)who is rated as one of the best dealers internationally.
When your Tank needs parts or when you are in the marketplace for a new Tank please widen your search beyond the first name in an on -line advertisement.
Carry on with the Questions, We shall try to answer them although some threads do get sidelined,
I usually blame Mick or Max for such diversions. :haha: :haha:
Nitrotek was actually recommended to me by someone on Facebook! I can't complain though, I ordered, they shipped, it arrived next day. I was actually surprised how quickly it arrived.

I'm more of a truck and car guy. So didn't really know where to start. Local crawler club having this military day, I just had to get a tank! 8)

Really impressed with it.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Yes, they are quick shipping, and reasonably priced.
The reason they're hated is because of their attitude to their after sales service, or lack of it. They don't give a hoot if they sell you a dud product, and expect you to pay return shipping etc, etc.
All they seem interested in is shifting stock, they don't carry spares to send you etc, etc.
But obviously, those that receive un broken, working all complete products that haven't had the misfortune to have to deal with their poor customer attitude will recommend them.
Just consider it this way, you were one of the lucky ones lol.
I have the older version of your panzer 4, with standard tracks, which I also got from them, but it didn't come with all the things as they advertised, which I later found out it wasn't meant to have, but as I'd got it for a reduced price, I left it at that.

Oh, and as for you liking your tank, yes, I think Taigen are rather good for their price. Still not perfect, but they're getting there.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Chrizh
Recruit

Post by Chrizh »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Yes, they are quick shipping, and reasonably priced.
The reason they're hated is because of their attitude to their after sales service, or lack of it. They don't give a hoot if they sell you a dud product, and expect you to pay return shipping etc, etc.
All they seem interested in is shifting stock, they don't carry spares to send you etc, etc.
But obviously, those that receive un broken, working all complete products that haven't had the misfortune to have to deal with their poor customer attitude will recommend them.
Just consider it this way, you were one of the lucky ones lol.
I have the older version of your panzer 4, with standard tracks, which I also got from them, but it didn't come with all the things as they advertised, which I later found out it wasn't meant to have, but as I'd got it for a reduced price, I left it at that.

Oh, and as for you liking your tank, yes, I think Taigen are rather good for their price. Still not perfect, but they're getting there.
Ah ok I see! I've no desire to use them again to be honest, knowing that there is a place near Milton Keynes as referred to in a post above.

I should probably check my tank against what was advertised then! As I went for the full metal version.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

See, that is their other failing, false advertising, I don't think a full metal Taigen tank exists, there are other manufacturers that produce all metal tanks, but Taigen isn't one of them. You'll have a plastic top hull, you may have a bottom hull/chassis that is a combination of metal and plastic. All the running gear should be metal, and your turret should be all or mostly metal.
And that's about it with the Taigen Panzer 4.
Although they do produce other models where the chassis is all metal. With a combination metal and plastic turrets, but all top hulls are plastic with the exception of a few hatches. Depends on what type of tank you purchase.

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You should check out the truck thread. Ever since wpl and jjrc came out with cheap RC trucks we've been going just a little bit crazy. We're also 3D printing trucks, like the cckw, and the wc51 series.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”