So Excited !!!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Hoser
Recruit

So Excited !!!

Post by Hoser »

Years ago I had an original Sherman from back in the late 70's. They were very basic and the controls were limited but they were state of the art back then. About a month ago I purchased 3 Tamiya tanks from a gentleman off Craigslist here in Oregon, USA. I really wanted to get another RC tank again so when these showed up ready to run I couldn't pass them up. I was blown away by how advanced they had become. I got a Pershing / Panther G / and a Sherman all with the battle systems. These were built and weathered and basically ready to run. I am still learning the modern components and the functions. I live in the country and have a 80' by 100' flat paddock that we want to turn into a battlefield. This web site is a God-send !! It is hard to find this much information on everything I need to know on one site. Wow !! I have already found info that I've struggled with just by browsing the forums. Thank You to whoever started this site :thumbup:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: So Excited !!!

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard from the Motor City. It's always good to see another yank join the ranks. It sounds like you're off to a wonderful start with those three tanks. Tamiya is definitely the gold standard and I'm sure you'll get hours of enjoyment out of them.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yes, always nice to have a “homeboy” join our ranks. Welcome from the southern tip of Illinois.
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

Welcome to the Board from close to to Music City (Clarksville) USA!
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Welcome to the Forum from the Southern Colorado Rockies. Pics of tanks are always appreciated. ;o) Glad you found us.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Welcome to the forum from the near state of Catastrophe, UK. You may have Trump, but he doesn't know when he is lying. Our Boris has degrees in it. Do you have a spare state we could emigrate to? Maybe Trump could buy one for us ;)

Tank goodness for great hobbies. Enjoy!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Welcome to the forum from the near state of Catastrophe, UK. You may have Trump, but he doesn't know when he is lying. Our Boris has degrees in it. Do you have a spare state we could emigrate to? Maybe Trump could buy one for us ;)

Tank goodness for great hobbies. Enjoy!
:haha: :haha: :haha: Yea, its interesting watching all this from the sidelines. Join me here in China where at least you know the SOP. You'd certainly be closer to the sources of our great hobbies.

Welcome from a shanghai'd American expat across the pond from you.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”