Hi guys

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Jim.forres
Recruit

Hi guys

Post by Jim.forres »

Hey guys, I’d like to say hello all and introduce myself to all you lovely people. I’m Jim NTMU.
Have just acquired two new tanks, a challenger II and a Leo. Been wanting to do this for a few years and just never got around to it. Having two means I can drive either but it’s always more fun with another so the second for my son or friends to have a battle. Not to many groups up the north of Scotland. Will read some of the forum topics and hopefully get some good ideas and tips from you guys. Happy tanking all.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hi guys

Post by BarryC »

Jim.forres wrote:Hey guys, I’d like to say hello all and introduce myself to all you lovely people. I’m Jim NTMU.
Have just acquired two new tanks, a challenger II and a Leo. Been wanting to do this for a few years and just never got around to it. Having two means I can drive either but it’s always more fun with another so the second for my son or friends to have a battle. Not to many groups up the north of Scotland. Will read some of the forum topics and hopefully get some good ideas and tips from you guys. Happy tanking all.
Welcome

If you can not find at least a couple of good ideas here you just need to keep reading. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome,Jim, from (currently) a very Wet Wester Ross! Luckily, tank tinkering is not entirely weather dependent. :)
As for the size of the collection, Just keep an eye on the tank tally, as it's inclined to creep remorselessly upwards, as the bank balance begins to sink :problem: :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome. Which brand of Leopard did you get?
Jim.forres
Recruit

Post by Jim.forres »

Hey guys,
Got the pro versions from Heng Long for both the chally II and the Leo, it’s the latest Leo 2A6. Not the real one as I don’t have a spare 5 million in the bank lol but I think they are good starting tanks. I do prefer modern MBT for myself and hope to get these upgraded as I go along. Im sure I will find plenty of experience in the forums for advice and tips to improve them. Looking to upgrade the motors and the rest to follow at a later date.

I will take my wee boy to Roseisle beach for a few tank battles when the weather gets a bit better. It’s hilly and a good mix of grassed sand dunes and Forrest tracks to play on. Bought a few extra batteries so we can play for more than 15-20 mins. A work buddy is also into RC tanks and also purchased a Leo at the same time.
Jim.forres
Recruit

Post by Jim.forres »

Ps. Named the Chally Lady Rebecca. The Leo still to be named.
Edit. Keva for the Leo.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”