Greetings

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
CrazyCanuck
Recruit

Greetings

Post by CrazyCanuck »

Greetings Gentlemen

Hello, from the Great White North (actually, I live and work in Toronto).
New to the RC Tank world but have been a tank head as long as I can remember.

DC
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Greetings

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard from the Motor City. I like your username, but it seems to me saying you're the crazy canuck doesn't really narrow it down much. Bwahahahaha! >:<

I'd say go Leafs, but I've been a die hard Habs fan since 1969. 8)

So have you bought your first tank yet?

What made you a tank head? Got a favorite tank?

It's always good to see new members on this side of the puddle. Have you got prior modeling experience? I was into static model aircraft for decades and discovered tanks about 6 years ago. And it's been a helluva ride so far. I really hope you have as much fun with it as I have, if not more. ;) :haha: @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Glad to welcome another Canuck! There are a few from our Club on here as well! We have a big meet this weekend in Waterloo at the KW Garrison field! You can check out our forum for info...

http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/

Hope to see you out soon!

Dean
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

Welcome to the "Armor Madness", from here in Clarksville, TN.! Like you, I have been a tread head for as long as I can remember as well. I built models since I was able to put two pieces together. I drove them for a lot of years, all different types of them APC's, Half tracks, Light, Medium, Heavy, TRV's and CEV's. I also drove them from multiple nations, US, German, and Russian Armored vehicles. The abundance of knowledge is off the charts here, so you will always find someone with the knowledge and the willingness to help out. I am envious, as you have a Club close by that you can share this with. Welcome aboard again and enjoy the hell out of this hobby as we are.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Canuck :wave:

I hope you enjoy your new found hobby.

Enjoy the forum and all it brings.

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
CrazyCanuck
Recruit

Post by CrazyCanuck »

Thank you, Gentlemen, for the welcome
A couple of you had some questions so I shall endeavor to answer some.

Max-U52
I started to build Models when I was 12, unfortunately, my mother did not think that Model glue was appropriate for a kid.
Wasnt it my luck that she found one brand that smelled like limes (thanks mother :wtf: )
It was about this time that I started reading Military History with a passion.
And of course, giving up all other board Games when I discovered Squad Leader, who wanted to waste their time on
Jigsaw Puzzles or Monopoly.
And I am a huge Steel Panther Fan.

You might be a Habs fan as for me :shh: I don't want it to get around but I can't stand Hockey.
I much prefer a product from your country the NFL, being a huge Cowboys fan.
Sure my Friends think I am craked but, what hockey team has Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. ;)

dgsselkirk

Good to know we Canucks have to stick together, I did indeed check out and join your forum.
Unfortunately, I have prior engagements but I will try to make the next event.
Are there any events in the Toronto area?

Finally, I just recently acquired an HL Leopard 2a6, HL Jagpanther and awaiting delivery of a Torro Pz IV G.

Cheers
CC
:crazy:
Torro Pz IV Auf G, HL Leopard 2A6, HL Jagpanther

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”? John Wayne "The Shootist"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”