Hello, from Tulsa OK

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
xombi1987
Recruit

Hello, from Tulsa OK

Post by xombi1987 »

Brand new to tanking or RC in general. After quite a while playing World of Tanks and building multiple COBI tanks, I decided to treat myself for my birthday and go straight for a Panzer IV Ausf G winter metal edition from Taigen. I'd post a pic of her, but it seems rules here restrict that until you reach some kind of goal... anyhow I bought it from someone who claimed it as new, but put waterslide decals on it. They seem to be for the wrong version of the Panzer IV, but work at least for now.

PS today is my Birthday :D

I have an interest in mostly German tanks, play WoT on PS4 (not very well) usually in medium tanks; usually German or Russian. Currently around Tier VII as far as skill though I have a tier IX, very casual player and usually die pretty quick :{
Attachments
s-l1600ttt.jpg
Last edited by xombi1987 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taigen Panzer IV Ausf G
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hello, from Tulsa OK

Post by BarryC »

Welcome and Happy Birthday! :clap:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr xombi1987. Oh, and happy birthday :wave:

As for picture posting, you can post pictures straight away. But if they are too big for direct download to the forum about 350 kb or less 1020 x 610 pixels max, then you have to use a third party host to attach pictures.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Hello, from Tulsa OK

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome to the madness that is tanking, the bug will soon bite & then you won’t be able to move for the bloody things, I was rooting through a box this morning & found a Tiger 1 that I’d forgotten buying....
Anyway happy birthday, I’m roughly 24 hours away from you lol
Cheers
Wayne

Edit: you can use an app called Tapatalk & post pics directly from your phone or tablet direct to the forumImage

Edit edit, or even videos from YouTube ...
https://youtu.be/zugy2rkSM7g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

midlife306 wrote:I’m roughly 24 hours away from you
Wayne, we don't use Zeppelin's anymore :/
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
xombi1987
Recruit

Post by xombi1987 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
midlife306 wrote:I’m roughly 24 hours away from you
Wayne, we don't use Zeppelin's anymore :/
:haha: :clap:
Taigen Panzer IV Ausf G
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along from the Gold Coast of Australia out of New Zealand !
Ive had plenty of time in Enid in the Gefco yard, sorting & commissioning rigs we bought, assisting their engineering dept to get various parts better, and generally misbehaving around the place !
I actually knew the Enid area better than places on the Gold Coast, went 7 times over the years. Drinking at the Draw-works Bar across the road from the plant..........
Got on the gas with a bunch of pilots from Vance Airforce Base..........big night :{
One epic night out was in Chicaro's...........Steak, free-poured Jack Daniels, and no ones allowed in if they walk in wearing a hat !! Hard core owner, speaks his mind........I loved it, was there well after closing.
Got to Tulsa once, to the Tulsa Rig Iron plant, and several days years apart in Oklahoma Rig Contruction in Okl City at another rig builders joint, one of which I got on it with a Marines recruiter, hell, I wanted to join up !!
Not a fan of the deep fried Okra, but love the garlic butter wings from Wings To Go in Enid :thumbup:
Good times in ole Oky................shuffleboard & shooting ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Introduce Yourself”