Hello from E-city NC

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
LarryB
Recruit

Hello from E-city NC

Post by LarryB »

Just joined the forum looking for some help with my new ISBU2 board. I have finally figured out what I was doing wrong! I have tried to post a photo of my 1/16 scratch built Char 2C but this site tells me the file is to large, oh well:(
Since I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to computers and re-sizing stuff I will probably not post much here, but I do enjoy reading all the members good info and talent that is out there.
See Ya, Larry B
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Hello from E-city NC

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Larry :wave:

Glad you got your board sorted :thumbup:

As for pictures, you can use a site like imgur, download your pictures there, then post the url to each picture in a posting.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Larry, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I hope you do join in the various threads that are to be found on this site and as to photographs,
Nowhere in the very few rules of the Forum does it say that you have to submit pictures which annoys the very devil out of some members but plays into the hands of others,
I have been a member of the Forum since 2012 and I never have downloaded any.
I hope you enjoy the Forum.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

jarndice wrote:Nowhere in the very few rules of the Forum does it say that you have to submit pictures
Would you like to put money on that statement :P

You sure "nowhere on the forum"

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

Welcome to the Board Larry, from Clarksville, TN. Like you, I have not been able to post photos much here either. I try to get the wife to help out with posting photos. I'm happy to hear that you got the Motherboard figured out. I am about to take apart a Heng Long Stug IIIG, that powers up but will not start up. So I feel you pain. LOL This is a great place with many great members, that are very helpful, when help is needed.
All the best,
Jack
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Imgur.com automatically resizes pics for bulletin boards. All the punter has to do is upload the pics to the site, then copy and paste pics here from the 'BB' link.
Here's an example of an image I posted from Imgur. Having uploaded the pic, all I had to do was select it, click on the 'BB' button- (highlighted by the red arrow), and then click on 'Edit/Paste' in the browser to land it on the appropriate page here.
Imgur image pasting
Imgur image pasting
The downside to all of this, as I only discovered recently, is that if members of the viewing public don't click on your images on Imgur, the pics can be removed after six months. Removal from the Imgur website also appears to mean removal from BB sites too (eg...here). Chances are, most people don't look on Imgur for bits of model tanks, and so the 'likes' are likely to be non-existent, or rare, at best.
Pics can be re-sized in your preview viewer- if you use a Mac, and there's a similar tool in Windows 10, I believe. All that's needed is to get the pic to be less than 351kb in size, and no bigger than 1920(w) x 1080 (H)
pixels. Uploading from your PC to RCTW, has the benefit that the pics won't vanish mysteriously into the ether. Well, in normal circumstances that is. I can think of one recent, and spectacular anomaly... :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Ohhh, I wondered why some of my pictures disappeared from imgur.

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Ohhh, I wondered why some of my pictures disappeared from imgur.
;) Are we heading down the irony road, Mick, or have you actually had forlorn unclicked pics on Imgur?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

43rdRecceReg wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:Ohhh, I wondered why some of my pictures disappeared from imgur.
;) Are we heading down the irony road, Mick, or have you actually had forlorn unclicked pics on Imgur?
Before my ban, I had posted pics on here from imgur, they were "hidden" as there was no point posting them for points etc. But I noticed a while back that all those old pictures have now all gone from my imgur account. And now I know why.

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Try a free app called “Tapatalk”. No resizing of any sort. It’s so easy that even I can use it. I don’t use it for general forum reading, only to post photos.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”