Me

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
wolfgangglenn
Recruit

Me

Post by wolfgangglenn »

Hi everyone, I am quite new to this Tanking lark,
It all started when my 5yr old boy insisted that he wanted a remote control Tank for his birthday, so I got him a cheap second hand 1/24 henglong leopard, he was chuffed to bits, his Sister (6 & 3 quarters nearly 7), was also impressed, so she got a second hand one for herself, (sort of). they both didnt like the paint jobs so we changed them, boy's to better camo and girls to PINK camo!
after the usual breakages etc. me and my boy upgraded, (Girly still has PINK 1/24, almost undamaged,LOL) I now have a Tiger 1 early version, and he has a Panzer iv, both with metal gearboxes and suspension, had them a few months now, and I love setting up assault courses in the garden for us to play on,
I have just started trying to build a Frankenstein, so far I have taigen lower metal hull with the torsion suspension, on top I have a mato metal deck with all metal accessories and a taigen turret with recoil and BB metal barrel, it has henglong 2.4ghz inside, most of it has gone together ok, I just need to sort the wiring for the recoil servo, I have been sent a link to look at later which shows how to do it? so hopefully no problems, of course if there a no problems at all it will be a miracle! lol so there you go that's where i'm at now! :D :D :D
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Me

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
A much missed member of this Forum (General Alpha) would have got on very well with your Daughter he possessed a wonderful modelling ability and at least one of his builds was pink!
The Tiger 1 is the usual goto Tank for most of us as the introduction to R/C Modelling and because it is very spacious inside the hull much work can be carried out without worrying about pulling out wires etc and of course the Tiger 1 having more upgrades available than any other 1/16 R/C Tank increases its appeal.
If it is possible to feel affection for a particular Tank then mine is for the Panzer 4,
Coming to the conclusion of two more and almost ready to start on another :crazy:
This hobby is actually closer to being a fixation and will clean out your bank account very quickly so do be warned :lolno:
Glad to have you aboard, Please do ask all the questions that are puzzling you not forgetting the most basic because while we might know them as obvious, to you a lot of this stuff is still a mystery,
As an ex Military man if I can be made to understand R/C Tanking then anyone can :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome to the Forum of forums (or is it 'Fora' :think: ), Wolfie !
Above all, it sounds as if you're having a load of fun with your new found hobby.
:D Then, there's the added bonus of having children who happily immerse themselves in it as well. :thumbup:
Perfect. However, do watch out for the way it begins to absorb more of your time, and money too (not to mention available space around the house).
The Taigen alloy/abs hull is one of the best upgrades available for model tank enhancers. Good choice :thumbup:
The Taigen alloy/abs hull for the Pz 111 is also a superior product...when the hobby begins to assert itself a little more. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome.

Hopefully your daughter has a Panther? :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”