Hello From Colleyville Texas!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Hello From Colleyville Texas!

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

I am not new to the forum, but have decided to return.
I have been modeling since I was seven years old. I also do trains, RC Aircraft and cars. I have been too busy the last few years with schooling and completion of my hours to become an Airline pilot. I fly for the largest carrier in the world currently. I have finally slowed down enough to do what I enjoy, which can be difficult being away from home 3-4 days a week.
I am currently gathering components to build a Sherman Calliope based on the welded hull variant M4.
I am also the author and builder of the thread "It Begins! My M4A1 based Sherman Firefly Build" It can be seen here if you are unfamiliar with the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7885
This was my first scratch build of something of this scope. I was also voted into the Master Class Builds, which the build was never posted.
Many of us spend hours sharing the build as a tutorial to help others. Be sure to thank those who do so. It keeps our hobby interesting.
I look forward to sharing my build with the forum again and always look forward to commentary as well as constructive criticism and ideas.
-Dan
Attachments
Left side front.jpeg
Left side front.jpeg (75.74 KiB) Viewed 685 times
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Re: Hello From Colleyville Texas!

Post by mutt71 »

Hello Dan,
Welcome back! I am relatively new here, but have enjoyed watching you Sherman Firefly build thread. I look forward to watching your Calliope Sherman build. I am in the process of building a Stug III and hope to start a build of an M4A3E2 76mm Sherman beginning next month. I am in the process of gathering the parts now for it.
Jack
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull

Return to “Introduce Yourself”