Hi All, another hobby, RC Airplanes, Drone, 00 train set.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
AlanMG
Recruit

Hi All, another hobby, RC Airplanes, Drone, 00 train set.

Post by AlanMG »

Hi I bought a Heng Long Tank from a dealer in Wales, £900 cash, Challenger 2 Plastic wheels plastic suspension arms. But I liked the dual Giro system for the turret and barrel, which works well, as does the sound, up rated motors and metal gearbox. But the turret turns far too fast, well it did for a while now there is no response at all from the Radiolink t 9 Transmitter. when Giro is switched on the turret stays perfectly on station even at very slow turning with the tank. Repeated E_Mails to dealer, and no response at all. The tank is fitted with an old CS TK16 Tank Controller ( which I see is out of date and can get no help whatsoever, wiring diagrams and so on ) All wiring into the Controller is in (Cantonese or Chines). I am not one for demanding money back for slightest problems but no help at all for £900, I have now to beg for help on a forum from kind people who owe me nothing. Do not really want to spend any more money but might be willing to buy a new controller with Giro capabilities, and (FULL INSTRUCTIONS IN ENGLISH SO THAT I CAN SOLVE MY OWN PROBLEMS) All these problems within 1 week of purchase. Didn't mind loosing the odd 10 or 20 to chines but £900.
Kind Regards to all (may end up with a nice looking paper weight though)
AlanG
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hi All, another hobby, RC Airplanes, Drone, 00 train set

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along, I never thought I’d see Heng Long & £900 in the same sentence, is it gold plated??
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

midlife306 wrote:Welcome along, I never thought I’d see Heng Long & £900 in the same sentence, is it gold plated??
Cheers
Wayne
Make your own mind up :crazy:

challenger , dual gyro
https://www.hayaltd.co.uk/Heng_Long_Cha ... 28896.aspx
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Jesus.....

AlanMG
Recruit

Post by AlanMG »

Hi all, Where would be an honest dealer to buy the innards to get a Heng Long Tank up and running (eg. Controller, Receiver, Giro, and Infra Red.)
Thanks to any help.
Kind Regards AlanG.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

900 Pounds??? A plastic heng long with and old clark board, 900 pounds???

Id return it immediately.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

AlanMG wrote:Hi all, Where would be an honest dealer to buy the innards to get a Heng Long Tank up and running (eg. Controller, Receiver, Giro, and Infra Red.)
Thanks to any help.
Kind Regards AlanG.
I'm sorry, but you shouldn't be spending out anymore money on this, in my honest opinion, you should return it.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

This thread makes me feel ill, when you see this

With the spare cash you could have upgraded everything & had it gold plated to boot!
Cheers
Wayne

General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

HAYA is selling this model with dual turret/gun giros, metal tracks etc for £900. It's not you average HL and is worth a look if you ate not already familiar with it but good value or not....that's up to the buyer!

IF it was Andrew then I'm sure he'll be happy to sort things out providing its not been modified, and even then he's normally helpful. If it wasn't one of his he may still be able to advise.
Last edited by General Jumbo01 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

G’day all. In the interests of due process, let’s refrain from passing comment until the vendor has been given the opportunity to respond and correct any perceived or actual fault with this item.
The retail price is irrelevant, the buyer has accepted this and completed the transaction & it’s not anyone’s business.
If there is a fault with the goods, this shall be directed to the relevant supplier in the first instance, and that must run its course.
We, as a group of individuals, with no direct informed position or otherwise in depth understanding of the fault, the sale conditions, the correspondence, or both perspectives of this transaction cannot comment.
End message.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Introduce Yourself”