Hi all! From the States!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Ford 3 ton <3'er
Recruit

Hi all! From the States!

Post by Ford 3 ton <3'er »

Hi all! Im from Washington State, USA! As my username implies I love anything to do with the Ford M1918 or any other tank built by Ford for that matter! Im super new to modeling and rc though and because of my interest im seeking sources and sellers of an rc model of my favorite tank. I love this tank so much for a lot of reasons but the biggest is because my great great grandpa started the first Ford dealership on the west side of the Mississippi river and served in WW1. I was also the last generation to work there and I bought my first truck there when I was 13. Anyway thats about all thats important to share with yall at this time I think. Im super glad to be here to learn and hopefully share my knowledge of this and other Ford tanks for modelers who wish to build one! :wave:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Hi all! From the States!

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along from the UK
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Hi all! From the States!

Post by Jimster »

Greetings from Illinois.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hello a warm welcome from Connecticut :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Welcome. I'm a bit farther to the west of you across the Pacific but am originally from West Virginia not far from the old Wheeling Blaw-Knox foundry that produced turret castings for the M4 & M60. That's where I caught my interest in tanks as we drove past the Sherman displayed outside the plant.

An M1918 would certainly make an interesting project but other than a paper model, looks like you're on your own when it comes to a build. If you're looking for a kit or RTR, you'll find both M4A3 are available from various brands: Tamiya, Heng Long, Mato, Taigan. The M10/36 is available from Mato or you can build a conversion off one of the aforementioned M4A3 models.
Ford-Light-Tank-with-two-brave-soldiers-peering-out-from-within.jpg
Ford-Light-Tank-with-two-brave-soldiers-peering-out-from-within.jpg (23.56 KiB) Viewed 871 times
Ford 3 ton <3'er
Recruit

Post by Ford 3 ton <3'er »

Thats awsome!

But ya there is a 1/35 scale model kit builder on ebay but its just a static model :(. Just for kicks, how hard would it be to convert something like that to RC?
Manu-Military
Lance Corporal

Post by Manu-Military »

Welcome from Normandy, France! :wave:

Manu
lady.tigger
Recruit

Post by lady.tigger »

Welcome from the Piegut Pluviers in France. Scratch builder of an 8X8.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Ford 3 ton <3'er wrote:Thats awsome!

But ya there is a 1/35 scale model kit builder on ebay but its just a static model :(. Just for kicks, how hard would it be to convert something like that to RC?
Not easy. There is very little that is made in RC components for that scale or that will even fit in it. Not impossible maybe but if you are as new as you say to all this, do you need to make it that hard for yourself?

If you can find a model that is 1/16 scale then that's a different story - lots of suitable parts around. Something with a Ford engine maybe, or a Ford military truck? Either way, good luck and you are in the right place here... welcome!

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

I came across that & considering its cast resin, I'd think slim to zero chance. With a design that simple it wouldn't be hard at all to scratch build, especially with a card model available that can be used as your template. Given the size, you may want to consider larger scale like 1/10 or even 1/6. Here's the original shot of what I posted earlier to give you sense of its minuscule size.
M1918.jpg

Return to “Introduce Yourself”