Hi from Sleaford Lincolnshire

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Electricdemon66
Recruit

Hi from Sleaford Lincolnshire

Post by Electricdemon66 »

Hi everyone

41yo guy from Sleaford Lincolnshire here for any help and advice on my new hobby.
Always wanted an RC tank and after getting my stepson one for his birthday, it gave me the urge to finally get one for myself.
HOWEVER.... not reading a few of the posts on this site first, I ordered a Tiger 1 from Tankzone. It arrived today and for the life of me can I get the thing to bind with the handset!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hi from Sleaford Lincolnshire

Post by Tiger6 »

Your next local club meeting is in Grantham, next Sunday - see the club thread for details (or look for Grantham Light Armoured Division on Facebook).
Hope to see you there, we have many knowledgeable people who will be able to help you with your problem :thumbup:
RobW

Post by RobW »

Welcome. I think Dave's (forgebear) there too so you can see what else there is to buy.....
Electricdemon66
Recruit

Yes I've watched umpteen YouTube videos on binding but it just doesn't work. The red light on the handset flashes for about 7 seconds then goes solid, but the headlights on the tank never stop flashing. I'm not even sure who it's made by now as the box says Torro on it, the handset says Torro, there's two stickers on the belly of the tank that say Torro but the metal belly plate has Taigen stamped on it!
Don't know if I'm just being really thick or I've been ripped off!!!
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Torro are one of the EU distributors for Taigen, they are one and the same when it comes to parts.
Electricdemon66
Recruit

Sorry I shouldn't go rambling on asking questions in what's supposed to be the introduction section, just abit frustrated when the second hand Heng Long Walker Bulldog I got for my stepson works perfectly!!
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Ah ha, but thats why you got it second hand rather than in parts! The ones that don't work get parted out :haha:

We'll sort you out one way or another :thumbup:
Last edited by Tiger6 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Electricdemon66
Recruit

I thought I got a good bargain with the Bulldog and stepson loves it, now he just wants my Tiger to come to life, as do I. Lol
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi.
I believe if the headlights are flashing its bound.
I have never seen a handset red light flash on switch on normally goes straight to solid, what version is it 5.3 or 6.0?
This may appear a stupid question to ask...as your post does not say ...but have you pressed the starter button on the hand set , if not it will sit there all day with the headlights flashing and do nothing until the engine is started
Regards
Sub..
Last edited by Sub on Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Electricdemon66
Recruit

Theres no button, it's a toggle switch on top left of transmitter that's supposed to be the engine start.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”