Hi from Devon

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
zetec
Recruit

Hi from Devon

Post by zetec »

Hi my name is John and I am new to R/C Tanks spent the last 20 years building scratch built models and for the last 10 years scratch building R/C Lifeboats and carriages. I wanted a change so I have bought a R/C Taigen Tiger 1 kit which I have nearly built. Hope to pick up some modifying tips and to be able to ask questions when I cant sort it out.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hi from Devon

Post by BarryC »

Welcome John,

Questions, you will find many friendly, helpful folks here. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Greetings to you, John, and those along the Jurassic Coast. :wave:
I'm guessing you can't be far from it, with your passion for building RC lifeboats. Do any of your models have the self-righting feature a lot of lifeboats have now? That would be very impressive. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Post by Artyfist »

Welcome John,
I live in Devon also, near Cullompton.
The Bristol Armoured Division is a good bunch of guys with loads of advice. We meet monthly just up the M5.
Where in Devon are you?
Dom
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome! I’ve always wanted a detailed accurate model of a Titanic lifeboat. I’m a Titanic enthusiast.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

John, Welcome to the Forum :wave: :thumbup: :clap:
With a Tiger 1 in the soon to be ever expanding Fleet of R/C Tanks you will at least be in possession of the Tank with the widest available range of upgrades,
Just about every part of the Tiger 1 can be altered with little work from you except for using a screwdriver, A hex spanner or a dab of glue and Hey Presto you have your own unique Tank.
Please do ask questions or we will feel unwanted although you will then get dozens of conflicting answers from myriad members of the Forum from around the World. :lolno:
I hope you enjoy your Forum..
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
essexbill
Private

Post by essexbill »

Welcome John.

I used to to live in Tiverton, I'm now up in Derbyshire. Both beautiful parts of the country.
I have looked at the Tiger kit, but have opted for ready to run at the moment as I am also fairly new into the hobby.
The people on here are really helpful.
Enjoy the hobby, I have found joining a club a benefit so if you van try and get up to Bristol.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”