New to Hobby in Ohio

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
huckohio
Recruit

New to Hobby in Ohio

Post by huckohio »

I am semi-retired and my wife was telling me to find a hobby. She gave me the 1/16 Tamiya M1A2 for Christmas and I had a blast building the tank - especially building all the gear boxes. I had so much fun I built the Tamiya M26 and I am currently building the Leopard 2A6. I only wish there were some RC battle clubs near me. After the Leopard my next purchase will be a Taigen M4A3. Now that the ground is drying out I can take them out and run around outside.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: New to Hobby in Ohio

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :wave: :clap: :thumbup: Although we are not used to members of the Forum who are happy with their Tanks, We usually get a lot of questions on how to fix stuff and here you are happy with your hobby, ???
Well I suppose we could get used to it :haha:
I hope you enjoy this place and of course if you do have any questions please ASK. Who knows we might even have an answer :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
huckohio
Recruit

Post by huckohio »

I haven't run them enough to be unhappy...give me time. For now, I am enjoying the building process.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr huckohio :wave:

I'm like you, I joined while I was enjoying the hobby, and I particularly joined to publicly thank a couple of vendors for over and above sales transactions.
And then I caught the highly contagious fever this forum is most liable for, and it has cost me thousands with no possible cure in sight.
However, my particular strain of the disease can be eased a little with the purchase of Sherman's. . . .

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hello and welcome from Connecticut USA. Glad to have you aboard! Once you immerse yourself in the threads on this forum your hobby will quickly become an addiction that has no cure :lolno:

Enjoy!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome from Illinois! Sounds like you’re off to a great start.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome from the Sunny South where our ground usually stays thawed!

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Welcome from the land closer to where your tanks were born - Tamiya comes from the Philippine but Taigen is certainly not far from where I sit. What part of Ohio do you call home, Huck? I ask only because I used to be able to see Ohio from my front porch when I lived on the Ohio River just south of Wheeling.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Huck, from a fully-retired Highlander :wave: Wow! Straight in at the deep end of modelling, eh, with a Tamiya. 8O That's a great choice. Your wife clearly has good taste :clap: ...
Once this time-consuming hobby kicks in hard, do remind her that she got you started on it. :lolno: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Welcome to the forum Huck and this very addictive hobby as you seem to be already finding out :wave: :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”