New to Hobby in Ohio

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
huckohio
Recruit

Re: New to Hobby in Ohio

Post by huckohio »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Welcome from the land closer to where your tanks were born - Tamiya comes from the Philippine but Taigen is certainly not far from where I sit. What part of Ohio do you call home, Huck? I ask only because I used to be able to see Ohio from my front porch when I lived on the Ohio River just south of Wheeling.
I live in the southwest cornet; between Dayton and Cincinnati. I've been through Wheeling many times back in the 80's.
huckohio
Recruit

Post by huckohio »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to learning and continuing in the hobby.
huckohio
Recruit

Post by huckohio »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Welcome, Huck, from a fully-retired Highlander :wave: Wow! Straight in at the deep end of modelling, eh, with a Tamiya. 8O That's a great choice. Your wife clearly has good taste :clap: ...
Once this time-consuming hobby kicks in hard, do remind her that she got you started on it. :lolno: :D
I will remind her. Because there are no RC tank groups near me to battle with, I purchased two of the Tamiya Battle Systems so my wife and I can battle each other. I am beginning to think this is another, in a long line, of dumb ideas. Win or lose, I'll probably lose!
thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

Welcome from Lancaster County (southeast Pa.).

You already have the battle systems and several tanks, and with your wife’s approval. YOU WON!

Enjoy the madness, err I mean hobby.

The Stig (Aka Frank)
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Too bad you fellas aren't any closer to me here in Connecticut..... I've many battle ready tanks and nobody to battle aside from my son. :haha:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along Mr Huck
I have been to Ohio once, on a winters day, looking at drilling rig equipment to buy.
I cant remember precisely where I was when the machinery broker showed up, but the place we left was warmer !!
All I know is the yard we ended up in was in a valley, over a bridge, and I swear the place was sub-arctic !!

Youre off to a great start, looking forward to pictures when you can mate :thumbup:
And if your Mrs is buying you Tamiyas, does she have a sister :shh: :shifty: ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
huckohio
Recruit

Post by huckohio »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Welcome along Mr Huck
I have been to Ohio once, on a winters day, looking at drilling rig equipment to buy.
I cant remember precisely where I was when the machinery broker showed up, but the place we left was warmer !!
All I know is the yard we ended up in was in a valley, over a bridge, and I swear the place was sub-arctic !!

Youre off to a great start, looking forward to pictures when you can mate :thumbup:
And if your Mrs is buying you Tamiyas, does she have a sister :shh: :shifty: ;)

I think we need to arrange for an "away" battle event in Australia!
huckohio
Recruit

Post by huckohio »

Eastern Front wrote:Welcome aboard from South Carolina!

You have made a huge plunge into the hobby, believe me, I know ( we all do) how it is.... I can direct you to a cool place to do the battles, Look at this place: https://www.aaftankmuseum.com

It looks to be about 7-8 hours from you but as you can see in their events they have indoor tank battles almost every month. You could spend the weekend, tour the museum and participate in the battles, its fun I have been to many! They have about a 6000 sqft battle area: https://www.aaftankmuseum.com/event/201 ... tank-battl

Also if your going to spend more on tanks, they have the best prices and parts stateside that I have found!

Hope this fuels your addiction (can't believe I said that) :wtf:

Cheers!
Actually, we purchased all three from the AAF Tank Museum. I wouldn't pay Tamiya's MSRP for these tanks. I've also purchased parts from them when I mess up the build.
I've looked at the Tank Museum tank battle space and once I get use to using the controller to driving, shoot, running-away, hide, etc., I plan on going over to one of their battle events. It looks like fun.
First time I flew a quad-copter I ran it into the only tree within 30 yards of me. Didn't hit the house, shed, fence...I flew it right into a 4" diameter tree trunk. Hand-eye coordination needs a bit of work.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”