New guy from the U.S.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Shootermcgraw
Private

New guy from the U.S.

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Hello fellow Tankers!

I got my first 1/16 tank 5 years ago as a gift! It's a leopard 2A6 and I have been hooked ever since! The next year rolled around and my wife bought another gift, and it's the T-90.... Absolutely love it.
Both tanks came from Tankzone and I have started the costly upgrades on the Leo. Wow very expensive and time consuming to understand the electronics of all the different models and components?? That's why I'm here to get information on how and what to do when it comes to modifying and or building and upgrading my tanks!
I'm getting familiar with the RC forums involved with this because trying to upgrade these toys from an overseas company though emails is almost impossible. It would be so much easier if I had international calling but I don't so the guys I'm dealing with are not the best sources to get information. After multiple mistakes in miscommunication it has been a cost override! Unfortunately ?? Fed up I must turn else where to complete what I started?
In a nut shell I'm still gathering materials and tools to complete as well as searching for English speaking professionals that have knowledge in modifications of such tanks!
Thanks to Gary H. From Michigan a professional RC modler that refered me to this site I am so glad to be here and grateful for his references.

Thank you

You can call me Will:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: New guy from the U.S.

Post by Jimster »

Welcome fellow colonist! I’m from the very southern tip of Illinois. I’m in the middle of transforming a Heng Long Tiger 1 into Taigen initial production “Leningrad Tiger”. I don’t think you’ll find a better, kinder forum anywhere. The men on here are super helpful and non-judgmental. Post up some picks of your armor!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum Mr Mcgraw :D :wave: :clap: :thumbup:
A big personal warning from me to you about "Tankzone" some years ago he ripped me off to the sum of £400 so as you can imagine I give him a very wide berth,
Other members of the Forum have nothing but praise for him but my pocket book has neither forgiven nor forgotten,
We have a section devoted to Modern Armour and with members like Gary H you are in the right place,
One of the most trusted Dealers who is also a member of this Forum who supplies to the USA is Dave aka
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
Anther dealer with backup for your Leo who gets my recommendation is
http://www.rctank.de/
Enjoy this place and ask all the questions and if you can answer some we would like that too.
Last edited by jarndice on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Shootermcgraw :wave:

Nice pair of tanks to start with :thumbup:

As for upgrades, I'm sure you'll get lots of advice of which ones to chose, sadly some of that advice will differ on some things, this shouldn't be considered bad advice, because some upgrades have alternatives that are all equally good, and therefore are more a case of personal preferences.
And when you finally make your choice, I'm sure we can steer you towards the right suppliers at the better prices :thumbup:

Enjoy your time here.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Jimster wrote:Welcome fellow colonist! I’m from the very southern tip of Illinois. I’m in the middle of transforming a Heng Long Tiger 1 into Taigen initial production “Leningrad Tiger”. I don’t think you’ll find a better, kinder forum anywhere. The men on here are super helpful and non-judgmental. Post up some picks of your armor!
Thanks Jimster!
That's cool, I worked over there few years back in Braidwood at the nuke plant. Sounds like your doing the same thing, I love all the WWII tanks of that era! Glad to hear about the support network because I need it being a novice at tank building! I will send up photos in future I don't have any on my tablet at the moment.
Thanks for your introducing yourself!

Sent from my NS-P10A8100 using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Welcome along to the forum :wave: plenty of tips, tricks and inspiration to be found within it's electronic pages, there are member's from all over the globe on here and most probably some are closer to your location than you thought, check out the certified vendor's list as these are the guy's you want to deal with and are very knowledgeable in their respective fields :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

jarndice wrote:Welcome to the Forum Mr Mcgraw :D :wave: :clap: Image
A big personal warning from me to you about "Tankzone" some years ago he ripped me off to the sum of £400 so as you can imagine I give him a very wide berth,
Other members of the Forum have nothing but praise for him but my pocket book has neither forgiven nor forgotten,
We have a section devoted to Modern Armour and with members like Gary H you are in the right place,
One of the most trusted Dealers who is also a member of this Forum who supplies to the USA is Dave aka
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
Anther dealer with backup for your Leo who gets my recommendation is
http://www.rctank.de/
Enjoy this place and ask all the questions and if you can answer some we would like that too.
Hello jarndice,
Thanks for your response! lmao, yes I found out the hard way about tankzone like Gary told me! Stay clear, so I have cut my funding off completely! I'm glad you know Gary, I got ahold of him through his videos and then e-mailed him! Happy I did he has given a lot of good information about who, where and what to do. Great guy! Crazy ironic thing is we live close by each other here in Michigan and there are literally no tank clubs that I know of since I started searching the area?
So yeah I won't forget either about my dealings with Tankzone.

You can call me Will:
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Welcome along to the forum :wave: plenty of tips, tricks and inspiration to be found within it's electronic pages, there are member's from all over the globe on here and most probably some are closer to your location than you thought, check out the certified vendor's list as these are the guy's you want to deal with and are very knowledgeable in their respective fields Image

Cheers, Lee.
Thanks Lee!

You can call me Will:
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Shootermcgraw :wave:

Nice pair of tanks to start with Image

As for upgrades, I'm sure you'll get lots of advice of which ones to chose, sadly some of that advice will differ on some things, this shouldn't be considered bad advice, because some upgrades have alternatives that are all equally good, and therefore are more a case of personal preferences.
And when you finally make your choice, I'm sure we can steer you towards the right suppliers at the better prices Image

Enjoy your time here.
Mick.
Thanks Mick!

You can call me Will:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome sir!

I started here a couple of years ago as a "newbie" and have found lots of solid help here. If you ask the question there is someone here who has the answer or at least where to look. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Introduce Yourself”