Black Knight checking in

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Black Knight checking in

Post by Black Knight »

FNG from Kent checking in. Very much a newbie to RC stuff and tanks even though I grew up as an Army brat around Salisbury Plains, Catterick, Berlin etc. and spent my youth in the Royal Marines. I bought myself a HL Challenger 2 (BB Platinum edition) a couple of months ago and I've cracked straight on with the modding. So far, the changes made are as follows:

Matt black paintwork (Project Black Knight)
Uprated 3800mah battery
Metal tracks with pads, sprockets, idlers & road wheels
Metal hull, propulsion dynamics gearbox
Pistenking rotating orange warning beacon
Metal 360 turret ring & 360 rotation kit with X2 turret motor
Tarr Mk4 smoke unit & mega steam
Hull slab armour & turret slab and bar armour
Remote weapons system
Clark TK40 board & Clark 15w amp
FRS8 boxed speaker
Hull magnets
Flysky 2.4G 10CH FS-i6S Transmitter & FS-iA10B Receiver
Clark 15w amp

I will be looking to "fiddle" with the lights a little sooon as I want front & rear lights, hazard flashers and rotating beacon all running off one on/off switch - but I need to get the tank "re-built" first and played with a bit. I have also starrted on a decent carry case for the Chally.

I'm pretty sure I'll be tapping into the pool of knowledge on here from time to time iin the very near future!
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Black Knight checking in

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Knight.
So, not the Black Knight that could bite someone's legs off then ;)

Looks like you've already been having fun with your Welsh purchase, "platinum edition" gave that away ;)

I'm sure I speak for others as well when I say that we'll look forward to seeing pictures of your black beastie :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:So, not the Black Knight that could bite someone's legs off then ;)
For anyone wondering what I'm on about.

Watch "Monty Python - The Black Knight - Tis But A Scratch" on YouTube
phpBB [video]
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Ha ha! Love it. "Come back and fitght me!"
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A warm welcome, Sir FNG, from an Old Contemptible in the Highlands! :)
That list of features in your Chally, by the way, suggests a seasoned RC campaigner rather than a raw recruit. :D
Anyway, pics are always welcome. Bits of know-how, personal experience, queries, and the occasional jest will also all fit in nicely :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

43rdRecceReg wrote:A warm welcome, Sir FNG, from an Old Contemptible in the Highlands! :)
That list of features in your Chally, by the way, suggests a seasoned RC campaigner rather than a raw recruit. :D
Anyway, pics are always welcome. Bits of know-how, personal experience, queries, and the occasional jest will also all fit in nicely :thumbup:

Lots of research and I've never been one to hang about, if a job's worth doing you may as well do it well!
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Eastern Front wrote:
Black Knight wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:A warm welcome, Sir FNG, from an Old Contemptible in the Highlands! :)

Lots of research and I've never been one to hang about, if a job's worth doing you may as well do it well!
I totally agree, but how do you manage this hobby with no arms or legs? :haha: :haha: :haha:
Cheers!
Teeth!!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”