New to the forum but not rc modeling

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
abrad
Recruit

New to the forum but not rc modeling

Post by abrad »

Hi I have had many hobbies over the years, but as far as I can remember, I have always had a RC model of some sort on the go. For some years RC cars were the main interest, then boats, then steam boats, then helicopters,all sizes. I then got into manufacturing modified co2 gun valves and the repair of guns mostly air rifles (i own lathes and milling machines). I then built the Tamiya Tiger 1 full option then moved into RC trucks. Just building and painting trucks is not enough for me, so modifications to the trucks like adding Hyab style loading cranes etc (hydraulic of course). Always in the background the interest in track laying vehicles, so along comes the all metal Torro King Tiger. My latest is an 8 x 8 chassis all diffs lockable with a Scania 620 cab, as I write this I have just ordered a 1/8 scale Heng Long Tiger 1.
I would have liked an Amourtek tank but 1/6 scale is a bit too big for me to house and at over 120 kg too heavy to maul around. Regards ABRAD
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: New to the forum but not rc modeling

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Your encyclopaedic interest in all things RC, will make you a very good fit for RCTW's chief topic categories. :thumbup:
All that experience could also add to the collective know-how we have on tap here. You're very welcome, Abrad!
I'm guessing you're in the UK, but it helps a bit to know where people are based, in order to tailor recommendations, etc.,, :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard from the Motor City. Sounds like you've got quite a bit of experience and that's a great thing. I think you'll find that the best thing about tanks, as compared to helicopters, is that ... tanks don't fall out of the sky. @) :haha: :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr abrad :wave:

I'm sure with your hobby background you'll fit in perfectly :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Hi and welcome to the forum , hope you enjoy being here.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

What they all said ^ :D

I hope you enjoy it here. Your access to a milling machine and lathe could make you very popular!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Sorry, forgot to mention. This better way of resolving the problem doesn't inhibit the full downwards travel of the road wheel. More realistic and better for rough surfaces.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Introduce Yourself”