Hi all.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Vertigo
Private

Hi all.

Post by Vertigo »

I think i am preparing for early retirement by fulfilling my boyhood dream of having an RC tank.
I don't think it really qualifies for the bucket list. Had some dosh for my birthday so thought i would indulge myself.
Im an engineer by trade and always have some project on the go. I have 2 3D printers and thought that a bit of RC tank upgrading would keep me busy in the cold weather.
Im not a purist or a model maker.
After a bit of research i decided to start with the cheap and easy option of getting a HL M41. I have a FPV cammera on order and a list of mods for it.
Had a few surprises when unboxing so i will put that in the apropriate forum.
This is a very usefull and interesting site. So well done to you all.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Hi all.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Vertigo :wave:

And welcome to the wonderful world of RC Tanks :D

So, only one tank :think: we'll soon change that :haha:

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Good luck with the project, there's not a lot of folks doing things with the M41 - not sure if its the oversize tracks spoiling the looks that puts people off, or if its sheer the amount of surgury required to make anything different from it.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Vertigo
It sounds as if you have some clear ideas of what you want to do with your upcoming retirement. Just let us see some pics of what you achieve (or strive to achieve). :thumbup: and don't be afraid to ask questions.
If anything's going to make you dizzy.... it's this hobby. :lolno: Soooo...be prepared. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”