New to this site

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: New to this site

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Take a look at this wonderful battle field, ok, not as small as 35th, but so cool :thumbup:

Battlefield eastern Ukraine 1/24 - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=188&t=24991
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Welcome along to the site Robert :wave: some really impressive rc miniaturization you've got there :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee
Son of a gun-ner wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:34 pm On this site we have many people that are into other sized RC and static models. It's good to have variety :thumbup:
Don't forget Mick, variety is the spice of life but to much will give you gas :think: :haha:
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

LOL, shame my wife doesn't agree with variety ;) :haha:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Take a look at this wonderful battle field, ok, not as small as 35th, but so cool :thumbup:

Battlefield eastern Ukraine 1/24 - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=188&t=24991
Wow, that is quite a setup. 24 scale is rare around here. Tamiya 25 scale is not common either. 16th scale rules these days and that's OK, I ran that scale with a Tamiya 1/16 Leopard back in the 80's and they take up a lot of room to store is the reason I'm no longer into that scale. I have hundreds of r\c models, planes, helie's, cars, boats,Tanks, construction, etc and its all I can do to store them and manage this huge collection of 40+ years so it's smalls for me. I have one or two 1/16 toy grade Tanks laying around but not many opportunities to run them due to size and noise problems these days as I now live in a condo of limited space. Also have a collection of IR Battle tanks competing for storage space but that's another story lol.
Attachments
more junk I mean stuff
more junk I mean stuff
IMG_1668.JPG (92.72 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
A small part of my collection
A small part of my collection
Last edited by modler on Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

It's never ever "junk," that's a wife brain washing you :haha:

Gosh, lucky you're not like me, three sheds, one spare room, and a spacious loft (attic), well, it was spacious before I filled it lol.

thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

Hi Robert:

Your mentioning “firecracker tank battle” brought back memories of my youth. I wish I had the value of all of the static kits (tanks, ships and planes - I was an equal opportunity destroyer) that I blew apart with Inchers.

I guess such actions are frowned upon today, but when your a elementary aged boy, IT WAS GREAT!

Welcome once again.

Frank
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

thestig wrote:Hi Robert:

Your mentioning “firecracker tank battle” brought back memories of my youth. I wish I had the value of all of the static kits (tanks, ships and planes - I was an equal opportunity destroyer) that I blew apart with Inchers.

I guess such actions are frowned upon today, but when your a elementary aged boy, IT WAS GREAT!

Welcome once again.

Frank
Yes Frank, I destroyed quite a few models myself with the "firecracker wars" This was a bad habit I picked up from my German friends in Heilbronn Germany in 1967. We played war with our scale military models and plastic soldiers. Green VS Gray. It was good time to be a kid. 8)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

You're not alone you two :{

modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

Yeah gunner we enjoyed our mock war destruction games as we did not have video games and such so we invented our own 3d versions of mayhem. Here is a video of the driveline swap into the Sherman https://youtu.be/Ojj1uhVeAGQ

This Sherman was a Motorized version originally but lost its gearbox to a 25th scale Tamiya Tiger which I still have. Can not find a replacement Tamiya metal gearbox for sale so came up with this solution. I also have some other ideas on gearbox swaps using old r\c servos. I got closer to doing that with this swap because the output sprockets on the Tiger GB is similar to a servo output which is square with a sprocket secured with a screw. A lot of the newer IR Tanks use this design for sprocket retention.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Yeah, in those days, it was far too easy to acquire fireworks at a young age, we even made our own Calliope, sigh. . . .

Thanks for the vid and info :thumbup:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”