Hi everyone

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Jonnydee
Recruit

Hi everyone

Post by Jonnydee »

I’ve just joined rctankwarfare, I’m new to rc tanks but have built many scaled models over the years which I’m sure will help with the painting and weathering side of things.
I currently own two Heng Long tanks, the stunning king tiger with the Porsche turret and the Walker bulldog. Any tips and advice to newbie are greatly welcome.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Welcome :thumbup:
sure you will enjoy your time on here
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard from The Motor City. 8)

Where are you?

So what are your plans for your tanks? Two fine choices, as well. Are they all plastic now? Gonna change that? How about electronics? If they have the latest HL stuff you can put that off for a bit. Got pictures? Video is even better. ;)

I put a Clark TK20 in my Bulldog, and it's a really great runner. I started with the Imex/Taigen metal edition and upgraded the gearboxes and electronics.

phpBB [video]

Then I built a second hull top for the Walker, just for kix. @) :haha: 8)

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

So welcome to the dark side of RC. @)

It can be rather addictive. You're gonna love it. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome to the forum from Illinois. I started with a Heng Long Tiger and made many changes and upgrades. This forum is a wealth of information.
Jonnydee
Recruit

Post by Jonnydee »

Thanks everyone, I’m already inspired by the dedication and imagination you guys are putting into this hobby/addiction.
Jonnydee
Recruit

Post by Jonnydee »

Special mention goes to max-u52, brilliant work. I’m just starting to get an understanding of the upgrades that can be applied from YouTube and now here. To think I’ve been missing out on all this fun.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Jonnydee :wave:

I had about 8 tanks when I joined this forum, one was a Sherman, I only wanted one, however, I also had the parts to build another, then after seeing what others do to tanks, particularly the Shermans, things sort of escalated, and so did the Shermans lol.

This hobby is VERY addictive. Trouble is, collecting tanks in 16th scale takes up a fair bit of room lol.

Anyway, enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum JD :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I noticed that when "Max-u52" enquired where you were you forgot to answer,
He was not being nosey, It helps us to help you if we know where in the world you are,
As you noticed Max is in the sunlit environs of Detroit :haha: I am from the uplands of Hertfordshire, :yawn:
We have members from across the world and we can better help you if there is someone local to keep you appraised of what's happening there, Clubs /dealers/events etc.
Enjoy this place because some of us really think quite highly of it.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jonnydee
Recruit

Post by Jonnydee »

Hi to jarndice and son of a gunner. i forgot to mention I’m from the uk, in very flat Lincolnshire.
Max-u52 asked me what my plans are for the first two heng long tanks I have. The walker bulldog is the pro edition and I’m fully repainting and weathering it heavily, and the same for the king tiger tank. I’ll start to put on a few photos of work in progress. I’ve ordered new fine mesh grills for the rear of the tiger, two metal fuel cans and road wheels with bearings. I want to add better speakers, better sounds, gun recoil etc all those amazing upgrades I’ve seen from other rc tank enthusiasts. This is simply a fantastic hobby and extremely addictive as my knowledge improves with help from everyone.
Obviously when it comes to the painting and weathering side of things I’ll be putting on all the info I can about techniques and supplies to help others [ the quality of the work on here is incredible so it’s unlikely there’s much you guys don’t already know lol ].
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome: that also puts you in the general area of the Grantham (GLAD) meet, typically on the first Sunday of the month.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”