Hi!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Schultzy
Private

Hi!

Post by Schultzy »

Hi all.

I’m from Scotland (username is from my COD2 days and an old programme on TV).

Have been a keen model maker since a kid but got my first tank, an HL KT, at Christmas....suffice to say, I’m in the process of upgrading the tracks, sprocket and idler, gearing, shackles and have also added a bucket...lol

To say I’m ‘bitten’ is a bit of an understatement.... I’m now looking at IR capabilities and adding a Henntec idler system.

I’ve been surfing a lot of forums but since this one is UK based I decided to join up here.

I’m looking forward to getting more information on upgrades, tricks and tweaks from you all.

See you on the forums!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Hi!

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Schultzy :wave:

Well, if the tank bug has well and truly bitten, you're gonna fit right in :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Greetings! I’m also a newbie with a similar story as yours. I’m sure you’ll really enjoy this forum.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along Mr Shultz
Assuming you “know nooottthhhing-nooittttthhhhiiiiing” about the hobby, take it from us, just order your next tank now and get it over with!!
No point thinking you will stop st one, that’s right up there with the tooth fairy!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Welcome along Mr Shultz
Assuming you “know nooottthhhing-nooittttthhhhiiiiing” about the hobby, take it from us, just order your next tank now and get it over with!!
No point thinking you will stop st one, that’s right up there with the tooth fairy!!
This is so true. I only wanted A Tiger. . . .
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Schultzy
Private

Post by Schultzy »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Welcome along Mr Shultz
I play guitar too and currently have 5 in the house and an obligatory 6th, my “work” guitar....I wonder if I should get a tank for the work......????? (I was banned from having more than 5 :haha: )

As the saying goes, my wife’ll kill me!!!

Yeh, already looking at a second tank...can’t seem to break my WWII fascination with Germany though...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Welcome to the mad house! I think we can all sympathise with the no more xxxxxxx else my wife/husband/partner etc will kill me!
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

Hello!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi and welcome to the forum, before long you will have more tanks than guitars, I'm certain of it :D :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard from the Motor City. Is Herman right and your name is based on the old TV show Hogan's Heros? I loved that show, and still watch it in reruns all the time. Last night Sgt. Schultz was being stalked by a beautiful lady Gestapo agent!

The henntec for your KT is a great idea, and when you go to get metal tracks I recommend the Torro KT tracks. Dave (forgebear) should be able to get those at a reasonable price and they're much better than HL tracks because they're closed pin and just perform much better. My first KT was a Taigen Porsche turret and the metal tracks were just horrible. Being open pin they kept sliding out and allowing the links to separate, but once I added the Torro tracks and a henntec it was just fine.

Being in Scotland you might be interested to meet another member here, Roy, who lives in the Highlands of Scotland. His user name is 43rdRecceReg and he's also a talented musician. You two probably have quite a it in common, so hopefully he'll chime in here.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”