Hi!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Hi!

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi! What they said ^. Here's just a few of mine. Your KT is a late WW2 model so why not give it a fair opponent from the Russian front, such as Taigen's new IS-2 or maybe a brave T34/85? I've added a Tiger1 and KV-1 in pics.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
General Jumbo01

Plus a quick thought, buying a basic model and then upgrading is not the cheapest way of doing it. Why not take a look on the Forgebear web site in their King Tiger section as they may be restocking their Torro lower hulls for the HL KT which gives you most of the upgrades you are looking for at a better price?

https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... _Tank.html

Schultzy
Private

Post by Schultzy »

Interesting that you should say that Jumbo01, I was considering just that myself.

If I was to upgrade sequentially I would have to strengthen the hull as the amount of iron work added to the exterior would naturally put stress on the wholly plastic hull.

At this stage, I have metal sprocket and idlers but beyond that, conceivably I would have to reinforce the hull or go for the Torro lower hull and not have to break things in the process!

I should say that I don't tend to break things but...the biggest doh! moment in my modelling career (is that even the right term to use?!?!?) was building a Fibre Optic Star Destroyer. After months of plumbing in 400+ individual fibre optics, I had to add additional bulbs to light it. All was going well, I decided that super gluing it together would be the right thing as after so many months, I was putting this baby to bed....and then the magical switch on....the electrics worked okay BUT I wired the additional bulbs in series rather than parallel....yes, I eventually laughed too.

It will look great on someone's shelf with a Lab pack sitting beside it providing the right amps...
Schultzy
Private

Post by Schultzy »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Hi! What they said ^. Here's just a few of mine. Your KT is a late WW2 model so why not give it a fair opponent from the Russian front, such as Taigen's new IS-2 or maybe a brave T34/85? Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Great idea Jumbo01.

Many thanks.
General Jumbo01

Ha! We've all been there - some will even admit it! In my personal experience, upgrading to metal wheels, suspension arms, track and gearbox doesn't seem to add that much stress to the plastic hull. In terms of weight, only the gearbox is sprung weight - the rest is all unsprung.

You can always fix a strip of reinforcing metal plate along the hull sides to take the twisting forces of the suspension arms but unless you plan driving across tall rocks even that may be unnecessary. Lower hulls can be replaced very cheaply.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”