Hello All!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Hello All!

Post by jimbo_wa »

Hi - have been lurking for a few weeks and have finally joined as you seem a mostly harmless bunch of 'normal' people!

Been in to R/C from the original Tamiya Grasshopper days, with a few breaks due to funds and other things taking the attention. I'm mostly into the micro scene, with a Losi Micro-T based RC-10, Kyosho Mini-Z Buggy, 1/35th Orlandoo Hunter crawler and most recently a 1/24th GeKo24 chassis that I'm building up as a WC-53 (scratchbuilt tinplate). I also dabble with Tiny Whoop drones (nope, I'm nowhere near Gatwick...)

I managed to get a Waltersons Bantamweight Type 10 uber-cheap off eBay last month, and have delusions of modifying it to use my FrSky Tx and better charging solution...

As I'm into the smaller scale stuff, (space is tight at home) I'm struggling to find anything 1/24th that's current in terms of availability and parts. I did find 35rctank.com, and have sent an email to them about the Tamiya 1/35th Leopard II conversion kit that is currently in stock.

Would like to get a 1/24th scale Sherman to go with the WC-53, or the 1/35th Leopard II as there seem to be numerous detailing parts available...

In an ideal world it would be a big-arse all metal Challenger II or scratch-built Scorpion :thumbup:

Hope to contribute something of use in the near future!
James
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Hello All!

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi Jimbo and welcome to the forum glad to have you! We are all quite "normal" :crazy:

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

c.rainford73 wrote:We are all quite "normal" :crazy:

Carl
Speak for yourself and the little voices in my head. . . .

Hello Jimbo and welcome to the forum :wave:

Check your private messages, I'll send you a link of what you require ;)

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

By any chance are you the same person that has modified several tanks and improved them significantly?
A Jagdtuger and a king tiger, both old Mattioro versions ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

HERMAN BIX wrote:By any chance are you the same person that has modified several tanks and improved them significantly?
Was thinking the same thing.
Regardless welcome aboard Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

HERMAN BIX wrote:By any chance are you the same person that has modified several tanks and improved them significantly?
I'm afraid not!

This is my first foray into tanking, but I'll have to look out these old builds...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Return to “Introduce Yourself”