Hi From a Newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
maltins
Recruit

Hi From a Newbie

Post by maltins »

Hi all I'm a newbie to military r/c but loving all the posts and stuff on here , that's making me glad I decided to buy my truck , I got a jjrc q61 4x4 cos I like the bullnose look , intending to change all the electronics and chassis components so only bits of plastic will be body and tyres, but I also want to make it an articulated unit and so I need a fifth wheel for it , I know there are some around as I've seen them on thingiverse .
But I'm a total dunce when it comes to 3d printing don't know anything about it really or have any sources to go to.
So I'm hoping some one on here will point me towards someone who can print/make me a (wpl) (1/16) fifth wheel cheers Malc
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hi From a Newbie

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Welcome to the forum Malc, all forms of military vehicles catered for on here bud 8) check out the heng long truck section, the guy's are doing great stuff on there and we have a growing number of 3D wizards who I'm sure could point you in the right direction for what you are looking for :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Wardog wrote:Hi Maltins,welcome to the forum.this is rctankwarfare not rctruckwarefare. :haha:
That's ok you can get one later.
Yep Six tanks and a truck that's me.
Hope you injoy the forum. :)
Wardog
That’s ENJOY LOL Image

Welcome, you’ve come to the right place
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Oh I don't know Injoy has to be better than Unjoy, :haha:
Whatever welcome to the Forum Malc :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You do raise an interesting point about 1/16 Truck detail on "Thingiverse", It might be a good idea if those with spare capacity and an interest in selling items that were inspired by that site to put themselves forward,
Certainly it would be a help for those without access to a 3D Printer.My own particular interest is a complete set of Tiger 1 Engine Bay Doors and the double Feifal Air Cleaners rather than the later single unit ones that is all that is available unless you buy a complete Sprue from Tamiya. :thumbup:
Anyway Malc for true street cred on this Forum you need 1/16 RC TANKS and not just one but LOTS of them. :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Wardog wrote:Yep Six tanks and a truck that's me.
Hope you injoy the forum. :)
Wardog
Six!!! Is that a lot then. . . . . ;)

I didn't realise you were from New Zealand Wardog, does explain a lot ;) (People from New Zealand pronounce E's as I's) mind you, I'll enjoy my Christmas dinner, then I shall sit back rather full and injoy the warm feeling it brings ;)

Anyway, welcome to the forum Malc :wave:
Will be interesting to see the end results of your truck.
Depending on what's acceptable to you, they sell a basic 5th wheel on the Bruder site under "spares" :thumbup:

Shaun, I'm not sure people can openly copy and sell anything they've downloaded from Thingiverse :think:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

"Shaun, I'm not sure people can openly copy and sell anything they've downloaded from Thingiverse" :think:[/quote]

And that my very good friend is why I wrote "Inspired" Copy!!! good heavens Sir you will be saying steal next :haha:
I have trawled through page after endless page of "Shapeways" looking for 1/16 fifth wheels and double pot Feifal air cleaners and Tiger 1 Engine Bay Doors and for one reason or another nada,
I am just putting it out there for members of the Forum with 3D Printers that there is more to knocking out boring old run of the mill stuff like Centurion Tanks and other common or garden stuff :haha: Sorry Alwyn I look upon your work in righteous awe. :/
An easy little job perhaps (What do I know)could be the proper shaped Mantlet for the Tiger 1 Body that Tamiya do but Heng Long does not.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Sorry Shaun, I guess I should learn to respect my elders :P :haha:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

"just out Christmas shopping and just heard I was going to be an owner of my first tiger.nice girlfriend she is." :)[/quote]

Do make sure it is a Tiger Tank, Chester Zoo are looking for new homes for some of their animals after a recent fire :lolno: :lolno:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”