Hello All

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
gcav17
Recruit

Hello All

Post by gcav17 »

Because I have been told how rude it was not to introduce myself first. Here goes. My name is Gene and 49 years old. I have not been a real active RC modeler but I do enjoy it. My first tank was a Chicago model international M1 20 years ago. Lots of fun and pretty decent for the price. It still runs today. I bought a cheap tank a few years ago and it is just a shelf queen.
I just bought a heng long tiger and know I got stuff to do. And a little help goes a long way.
So there ya go. My intro. Iowa boy out......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thestig
Lance Corporal

Re: Hello All

Post by thestig »

Hi Gene:

Welcome From SE Pennsylvania. This is a great forum populated with highly skilled (of whom I am extremely jealous) modelers , who are friendly and always willing to help with your questions or problems.

Enjoy.

Frank
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

It was nothing personal Gene, just some of us old gits get a bit cranky. We once had a bloke that refused to say hello cos it was a waste of his time and he just wanted an answer to his question. One of the mods didn't like his tone, along with a few of us, so he got banned.

We are a friendly bunch, and always work well with other friendly folk. And its happened in the past where people have joined, asked a question, got an answer, not even said thanks, then disappeared, never to be seen again.

Also, some folk just ignore direct questions without a hello etc, a simple introduction usually works wonders :thumbup:

Anyway, welcome and enjoy the forum :wave:

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

No problem. I was just being sarcastic. Lol.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I noticed :P

LOL

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Hi and welcome to the forum
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Greetings to the Corn Belt, from the home of Whisky (Uisge Beatha- 'Water of Life') :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

Thank you everyone. I loved RC tanks since ..... well , always? It topped my xmas list every year when I was a kid. Lol. Never happened though. Not until I was older and had the money I guess.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

LOL, I always wanted RC tanks, but didn't know they existed till about three years or so ago lol.

gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

When I was a kid there was one in the pennys christmas catalog. A sherman but I really can't remember what all it did. Or the scale. I just wanted it. Lol

Return to “Introduce Yourself”