Hello From Illinois, USA.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Hello From Illinois, USA.

Post by Jimster »

Hello everybody. I’m 55 and have always been a model railroader but I’ve also been a fan of history, especially the WW2 era and German armor.
I recently purchased a Heng Long Tiger 1 with the zinc gears, metal tracks and drive sprockets. It shoots the air soft BBs. I have a habit of detailing, upgrading and weathering all of my models but I’ve never worked in 1/16th scale. This stuff is huge! I’ve ordered some metal replacement parts from OzArmour including rear mud flaps, commander’s hatch, smoke launchers and the prototypical headlights. It’s been fun so far but I need to open her up and lube the gears and such.
This has been so addictive that my model railroad has gathered dust.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Hello From Illinois, USA.

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hello and welcome to the forum from Connecticut USA :wave: Glad to have you aboard. Look around and feel free to ask questions. We like to chat and help out. It's a really great group to talk to.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Jimster :wave:

Well, it is easy to get carried away making ones tank better, your first choice of tank probably has the biggest amount of upgrades and accessories etc available to choose from :thumbup:

This forum is a mine of information, and what you can't dig up, I'm sure the members can share their knowledge through questions :wave:

Enjoy the forum.

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ahh Illinois.........Ive been stuck at Chicago airport for a long while once !, glad to be in the terminal rather than on a plane gathering snow on each circuit of the runway I can tell ya !!!!
The Tiger is without doubt the best entry into this hobby. Plenty of parts, upgrades and best of all, actual research material.
Great to have you along Mr Jimster ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Jimmie
As the others have indicated, the Tiger is a good place to start, and, Like the Tiger, this hobby has bite :D .. Anyway, whilst you're waiting for the Postman with all your tasty upgrades, you might enjoy leafing through this website's pages. It's often regarded as the most authoritative reference site for the Tiger :thumbup: Enjoy!
http://www.alanhamby.com/tiger.html
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks all for the warm welcome. This is certainly a friendly forum with tons of info. I’ve already been spending a lot of time reading through posts. Incredible.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Sir!

I've only been a member going on to 3 years now and have found this is be a great forum, chocked full of helpful folks with tons of knowledge. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard from the Motor City. You have definitely found the best Forum out there, and this site is just filled with guys that have tons of knowledge. I have several Tigers myself and the people who said previously that it's the most upgradeable tank were absolutely correct. You can get more details and accessories for a tiger than just about any other kind of tank. Have you picked out your second tank yet? @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
*rakey*
Recruit

Post by *rakey* »

Welcome aboard!
There's no such thing as too many tigers on here for me, look forward to seeing your ideas and progress. Ton of good guys( and gals?) on here with a mountain of knowledge and a willingness to help

Cheers
*rakey*
If i'd of kept all the money i'd already spent,
I'd have been a millionaire a long time ago

Return to “Introduce Yourself”