Hi from Virginia Beach

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Davjacva
Recruit

Hi from Virginia Beach

Post by Davjacva »

My name's Jake, I've been reading this forum off and on for years and decided to join, pretty much as I like the level of work going into the models. I've been modeling 1/16 scale since 1998 and have about 30+ tanks which includes most of the Tamiya stuff in multiples, 3 IMAI Elefants, a WeCohe Panther, a BergeElefant, and a just completed Asiatam Porsche Tiger. Additionally, I have 4 FAMO's, a Puma, and the Opel Blitz and Maultier. I had sold off about 15 tanks also, none of the above though. This happened when I was thinking I was getting out of the hobby and started collecting classic cars. That's about it. I'm going to start posting my last build, the Asiatam Porsche Tiger.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Hi from Virginia Beach

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi Jake welcome aboard from frosty New England.... I think you may have recieved some snow today. You've assembled quite a collection. Please don't hesitate to show your builds.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Welcome to the forum Jake :wave: I don't think you need to be told how addictive this hobby is :D sounds like you have amassed quite a fleet, did you say that you have 4 famos 8O I'd be happy with 1 ;D hopefully I'll get hold of one sometime next year, please do show pics of your collection and builds :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Jake!. You're clearly a seasoned campaigner and, given your armour building CV, you'll have a lot to contribute to the Forum :thumbup: We'll look forward to your input, and any tasty pics you may care to add :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Jake!

WOW what a collection :O , when you can please share some pics... :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along from the sunny Gold Coast if Australia.
You sure have a collection most would envy mate, be great if you could share pictures when you can
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along Jake, I’m not jealous, honest lol
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Welcome to the forum Mr Davjacva :wave:

Wow, that's some collection. I'm particularly jealous of your FAMO's :{

Waste of time warning you about the addictive nature of this hobby lol.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Davjacva
Recruit

Post by Davjacva »

Thanks all for the welcome. Could someone please explain to me how I can post photos please? I recently put my latest build which was the Asiatam VK4501 on Facebook. Look at my page (david jacobs in Virginia Beach) You can tell my page right off as I have a green '70 and an orange '74 Camaro in the driveway. I put some more on the customrcmodels page too. I put some on anotner page but I cant remember it now, but some of you are regulars like Tom Hugill I believe. Its like world of rc tanks. Sorry, I'm not on the computer that has my FB stuff on it now.
Davjacva
Recruit

Post by Davjacva »

Okay, I got this photo-thing worked out. Here's some photos.

Famo's
IMG_3079B.jpg
IMG_3079B.jpg (67.33 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
WeCohe Panther
121a.jpg
121a.jpg (86.51 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
Two of my Imai Elefant's, the one on the right was refurbished, the other is not, and I got a third one that is better than both, but needs to be refurbished. The one that's finished, I completed before the 653rd History came out and there was little reference at the time, hence why it's painted in a very incorrect 654 'net' pattern. This will be corrected when I get to the other two.
IMG_1613a.jpg
IMG_1613a.jpg (94.08 KiB) Viewed 1196 times

One more, these are my four Tiger I's, the one that has green squadron putty zimmerit on it, I was building for a friend and you had to make the steel wheel assemblies at the time too. The friend since passed away and another friend sent it back to me. The Jagdtiger on the end was scratch-built using a lengthened Tamiya KT hull and upper deck. I learned how to machine building this. Right after I finished the sucker, WeCohe came out with one, and that's the way life works.
Clean1 008a.jpg
Hope everyone enjoyed some of these, I'm posting in 'Other Builds' right now. I'm going to try to get some more in, but I have to go to a funeral, so time is tight.

Jake

Return to “Introduce Yourself”