Hello from Kalifornia!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Scb67
Recruit

Hello from Kalifornia!

Post by Scb67 »

Hi all! New to RC tanks but have always been a military buff in general (father was in the Air Force) but WW2 buff specifically. Ordered Torro Tiger 1 pro edition BB and as soon as they are available, will order a Torro King Tiger Pro BB also. I’ve always been a tinkerer so I’m looking to upgrade the tanks even before I get them:-). Any Northern California RC tankers on the forum?

I’ve been reading through the posts for a while now and love the wealth of information here and looks like a great group of people!

Looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Cheers!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Hello from Kalifornia!

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to THE tank forum Mr Scb67

Thank you, we aren't a bad bunch, although. . . . ;)

Sounds like you've made a good first tank choice :thumbup: although, I was sure that the Torro King Tiger Pro BB was already available :think:

I'm probably wrong, I'm easily confused :{

Enjoy the forum :thumbup:

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Hello!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

There may be times when you regret signing up here, ScB, (especially when the bailiffs turn up, on account of reckless spending 8O )
; but in the main, yours should be a positive experience... :D
Good luck with the Torro! It shouldn't lead to sorrow. :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Scb67
Recruit

Post by Scb67 »

Thanks guys! I’ll be posting upgrade questions here very soon!
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Welcome aboard! I am also in NorCal
Work in Berkeley. This is a great forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard from the Motor city. Always good to see another Yank become addicted. I mean sign up. @)

I've got several of those Tigers, great first choice. Can you post a photo of the insides? I'm wondering what gearboxes you got with it, hopefully steel. Does it have the extra steel brace across the middle of the hull, or just the one across the front? That's an easy mod if it doesn't. I can even send you a brace if need be. Do you want to upgrade the control board? Maybe airsoft barrel recoil? I have that on one of my Tigers and it's a nifty little addition.

Here's an old video of my favorite Tiger. This one has an Asp, so it will speak German to me and even play Panzerlied as it drives by. @) :haha:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Can't wait to see photos of yours. It really is a great hobby, but you kinda have to be crazy to be an RC Tanker. A normal person would go insane. Bwahahahaha!! :wtf:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Nice to have you along mate. I hope you find boat loads of info in here and keep us involved through plenty of pictures when you can.
Don’t be shy to ask questions, we all had to learn once and we are really happy to help.
Hey, if it’s important enough for you to ask, it’s important enough for someone to answer.
Get stuck in mate, make a small fortune out of these tank thingos by starting with a large one :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Scb67
Recruit

Post by Scb67 »

Markocaster wrote:Welcome aboard! I am also in NorCal
Work in Berkeley. This is a great forum
Hi Mark! I’m down in Los Gatos! Any RC Tank clubs active in the Bay Area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scb67
Recruit

Post by Scb67 »

Thanks for the replies guys! I’ll take pictures of the insides of the tanks (I’ve now ordered 3 8O ). I think Ive been bitten by the bug!! I’m considering pre ordering the new King Tiger 1/6 kit from Armortek.....being released at the end of 2019!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”