hello from Nuneaton

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
starhound
Recruit

hello from Nuneaton

Post by starhound »

Hi my name is Darren i ride a motorbike (my first love) and been a static modeler when i was younger and then moved into gaming minis mainly warhammer 40k stuff
then i got asked to go look at some RC Tanks with my mate at a midland battle Tankers meet a few weeks ago and i was hooked.
got my first Tank monday a Heng long Challenger 2 in nato Camo it will be my winter project
kind regards
Darren
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: hello from Nuneaton

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Darren :wave:

It's amazing how many people start off with WarHammer 40K then turn to RC tanks.

I'm afraid I was never a fan of WW1 style tanks so far in the future, but Eldar fighting vehicles, another story ;)

Good luck with your project, pictures of your progress will always be welcomed :thumbup:

And any help that you may need, never be afraid to ask.

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Darren! The Chally 2 is a good place to start, as it seemed to represent an effort by Heng Long to improve their models, not only in accuracy but also in performance. The recent T90 release is a good example of increased attention to detail- for the demanding modeller- as well as the provision of lots of extras.
Three years ago, there was a real clamour to get hold of the first Chally imports. It's easy to see why :thumbup: It's also currently the only British Tank you can find in 1/16 RC scale. :thumbdown:
(I don't include the Sherman, or Lee/Grant as these were American...though the 'Firefly' was a Sherman improved by the British :D )
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
starhound
Recruit

Post by starhound »

Wardog wrote:Hello star hound,
I had been looking at the Warhammer stuff,landscape building's ect.A family member is doing a mars theme,but is finding it hard to find terracotta paint.may be you can help on that.But i found out mars is more, the color of butterscotch and that the dust is red.
Any way I'm sure you can put you Warhammer skills into your tanks.
Enjoy and hello from wardog :wave:
first Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :)
Wardog i built a imperial knight (giant walking tank) on a mars themed base games workshop do some technical paint called martian iron crust when it dries it crackles and looks like scorched desert then i dry brushed it came out looking great i will grab a photo to show you

Return to “Introduce Yourself”