G'day

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
tbevo3
Recruit

G'day

Post by tbevo3 »

Hi Everyone
My name is Normy, i'm from Australia,I'm fairly new to the tanks i have 3 tanks now a Mato tiger, a henglong sherman and i'm building a sherman firefly. Looking forward to getting tips and seeing everyone's tanks :D
jarndice
Colonel

Re: G'day

Post by jarndice »

Normy Welcome to the Forum and the quickest way to get rid of money short of using banknotes to light the Barby, :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Whereabouts in Oz are you because Forum membership of that big old Island is getting exponentially bigger by the week.
How do you like the Mato Tiger ?
I ask because it is a bit of a strange bird, :crazy:
The Heng Long and Taigen Tigers and even the Tamiya have a lot of interchangeable parts but the Mato dimensions are quite different especially the whole back plate..
I hope you will be asking lots of questions and if you know stuff we really want to hear from you,
Enjoy this place, sometimes I do but we suffer under a harsh taskmaster, :haha: :haha:
Whisper the name softly "Herman", :shh:
He is a combination of New Zealander and Australian and if you look at him wrongly you get ZAPPED, :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along mate from the Gold Coast out of New Zealand.
Us awful antipodeans need to stand strong against these imperialists!!!
Where in Aus are you ?
No where near the fires I hope.
I assume you are already friends with Tank Army and Ozarmour our part suppliers?
Great to have you along
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tbevo3
Recruit

Post by tbevo3 »

Thanks for the welcome Guys,
I'm for a little country town calledCowra in the central west of New South Wales about 2 hours west of Canberra.

I really like my mato tiger I'm just not a fan of their electronics so looking at swaping it out to a Clarke or el mod board soon.

I just got a mato Sherman hull for my birthday which I'm starting to get bits for to build a firefly so I'll be trying to pick people's brain's for info on that build .
tbevo3
Recruit

Post by tbevo3 »

Hey Herman
Yes get on great with tankarmy and ozarmour always great to deal with
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr tbevo3 :wave:

You should easily find plenty of info on here for your firefly build :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I was in Cowara about 3 years ago , nice spot .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard from The Motor City, Normy. You have another great vendor in Oz, Kevin Grannum at RC Tanks Australia. You said you're looking forward to seeing pictures of our tanks, and I'm always willing to show them off (at every chance I get). @)

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
tbevo3
Recruit

Post by tbevo3 »

Hi Max,

Thank you for the welcome.
Your tanks look awesome. Its so gold seeing what others do to their tanks to get ideas for my own.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I'll be looking forward to seeing photos of your Firefly. The Firefly and the E8 have always been tied for my favorite Sherman, with the Duplex Drive as runner up. The movie "A Bridge Too Far" has always been a favorite, mainly because of the Fireflies. I have one of the Heng Long Shermans but I'm ashamed to say I haven't done much with it. It still has the plastic gearboxes!! At least it has the latest electronics, which actually ain't bad. They really have come a long way just in the five years I've been playing with them. Anyway, I prettied her up a bit, and I even did a video on how I painted that star on, using the sticker that came with the tank as a mask. Still a ton of work to do, but she'll get there eventually.

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”