Hello from Worcester, UK

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
AlanThornton
Recruit

Hello from Worcester, UK

Post by AlanThornton »

Hello to you all.

Name is Alan, you'd never have guessed that from my user name I'm sure but hey. I'm 40 years old and new to the RC tank hobby. I'm a class 2 lorry driver, married with 1 child (daddies little princess). Would like to get more involved in the hobby so if there are any clubs in the Worcestershire area of the UK please let me know. Hope to get to know you all.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hello from Worcester, UK

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

You're very welcome. Alan. :thumbup: You'll see that there's quite a fanbase for RC trucks building on this board, so I'm sure your own experience will stand you in good stead, should you go down that particular RC road. There are clubs dotted around the UK (though not in the Highlands, sadly, where I live :( ), but others here will get you linked up with any existing Midlands groups, I'm sure.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Alan :wave:

So, only 40, don't worry, us old uns won't hold it against you ;)

As you are new to the hobby, do we take it you already have at least one tank? If so, what ya got? Pictures are always welcome :thumbup:

Regards.

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
AlanThornton
Recruit

Post by AlanThornton »

Hi guys and thanks for warm welcome. My birthday today, wife treated me to Heng Long Challenger 2 updated edition. It's a rather awesome piece of kit I must say.
davejay
Recruit

Post by davejay »

AlanThornton wrote:Hi guys and thanks for warm welcome. My birthday today, wife treated me to Heng Long Challenger 2 updated edition. It's a rather awesome piece of kit I must say.

Welcome to the forum Alan and happy chally birthday for Wednesday just gone!!

I think I remember when I was 40, hope i remember when I'm 60 when I get there!!!

Your wife made a good choice! I considered the Chally but plumped for the Tiger 1 pro edition, ended up with swapping out the plastic wheels with metal ones, swapped the lower hull to the Taigen metal one, swapped out the upper hull as the HL one doesn't like to fit the Taigen hull, changed the turret to metal one with correct length turned metal barrel, changed the smoker, changed the multi function unit to an IBU2 ultimate with great sounds and moves and now I'm left with a shell of a HL Tiger which I don't know what to do with looking rather grey and forlorn but have a totally amazing looking and heavy Tiger 1 ready to rumble!! (started at 4kg now weighs 9.5kg!!)

With the Chally there's less to upgrade, the multi function unit would be my first move and replace it with a IBU2 from RC Tank electronics, a decent recoil for the barrel and a decent respray (in either NATO or desert)

Anyway, welcome to this great hobby, I'm new to all this too and the guys/girls on here a are great bunch with brilliant knowledge!

All the best,

Dave (former class 2 beavertail lorry driver!!!!)
Tanks for the memory?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Mr davejay, sounds more like you have a complete tiger 1 that you don't know what to do with lol.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
davejay
Recruit

Post by davejay »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Mr davejay, sounds more like you have a complete tiger 1 that you don't know what to do with lol.
That's half the problem, it's the complete Tiger that has nothing else to be done to it (I think.........keep looking at it thinking what else can I do!!!)

I promised myself that I would only do one tank, now I'm looking at a Chally which I know for a fact will lead me to...........a Mark 1 1/6th Chally................is there a cure for this?.............pull the curtains nurse the doctors going in!!!!!

Dave
Tanks for the memory?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

LOL, yeah, there is a cure, bankruptcy :thumbup:

davejay
Recruit

Post by davejay »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:LOL, yeah, there is a cure, bankruptcy :thumbup:
I thought that was the cure!!!! In for penny in for four grand!!! :D
Tanks for the memory?
Andy-G
Recruit

Post by Andy-G »

Hello fellow Worcester Tank fans.

I too am a Worcester Rc Tank modeller living in the city. I am looking to set up a form of Rc Tank club for the area. Arrange a village hall somewhere where we can hold meetings, display the Tanks, share valuable knowledge for modification and upgrading these beasts.
I have been searching for some time to join a club but there doesn’t appear to be anything local to Worcester. If you fancy getting involved please drop me a message.

Many thanks
Andy G

Return to “Introduce Yourself”