Hello from the Netherlands

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
seb4
Private

Hello from the Netherlands

Post by seb4 »

Hello all,

Thanks for having me as a forum member.
I am male, with longtime interest in model building. Have ended this hobby and then I got a Heng Long Leopard 2a6 RC tank.

Big fun. I am tweaking and modding since I do have my fair share of problems with this one.

A big hobby is photography, do combine that now also with the Leo in the field. Just awesome to do.

I have a deep interest in history, notably warfare history and Dutch history. Also busy with religion: looking for good sermons at Youtube.

I am member of Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/battle14/ You can see there some pictures of the Leo.

I hope I can also contribute to this forum. Cheers!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by jarndice »

Hi SEB, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
We love answering questions and sometimes we even get them right :haha:
Just remember this can get addictive and expensive so enjoy but watch the pocketbook.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hello, Seb, and how goes it? Well, we trust. :D
Yes, it's easy to relapse into this hobby once the bug has bitten. I think it must be incurable, but that it can be managed with anti-tankotics. :D (a lack of cash, for instance :problem: :lolno: )
Flickr is good, but should you wish to post directly to the site from your smartphone, or computer, other options are out there. Imgur (imgur.com) works well, as I've just discovered. It was recommended to me by one of our
old hands, Gary (Max-U52). You simply upload your pics to your newly created Imgur account, and, using the 'BB" option on the right of the pic you want to upload to your post, paste it here from 'BB".
I still upload direct from my Mac, but with the Imgur (or Tapatalk) option, you can have your chosen image displayed here, along with your comments. That makes it nicely 'in your face', so to speak, for members. :thumbup:
Do illustrate your posts with pics, when you can (as we like 'em), but it's no big deal if you don't. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Lovely detailed photos on Flickr, Seb :thumbup: ; but, if you'd a prefer a little more privacy, loading your Tank related pics here directly might be the answer. Just a thought.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Thank you all for your heartfelt welcomes, much appreciated!

43rdRecceReg that's right. Although you will not find much about me personally on Flick :-) I never did have a Facebook account or whatever, Flickr is enough for me.
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Hartelijk Welkom Seb4!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome to the best RC Tank Forum on the planet! @)

Bastiaan, is that you? You know me as Crius on RCU, where we've been talking about your Leo. The real name is Gary.

I've also gotten a bit into photography, but still not quite to your level. Hopefully I'll learn from your photos here, so I hope you'll include info such as the type of camera and any special settings you use.

You'll find this forum has all the same knowledge as RCU, with none of the trolls. I hate to say it out loud, because it makes me sound like a bigot, but I really believe the class of men at this forum is superior to other forums. All the guys here are first rate, they'll help you out in any way they can, and you'll never get one of those verbal attacks that are so common on RCU. I really think you'll like it here, so again, welcome aboard. Now we just have to get you a 3D printer!! :haha: :haha: :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Max-U52 wrote:Welcome to the best RC Tank Forum on the planet! @)

Bastiaan, is that you? You know me as Crius on RCU, where we've been talking about your Leo. The real name is Gary.

I've also gotten a bit into photography, but still not quite to your level. Hopefully I'll learn from your photos here, so I hope you'll include info such as the type of camera and any special settings you use.

You'll find this forum has all the same knowledge as RCU, with none of the trolls. I hate to say it out loud, because it makes me sound like a bigot, but I really believe the class of men at this forum is superior to other forums. All the guys here are first rate, they'll help you out in any way they can, and you'll never get one of those verbal attacks that are so common on RCU. I really think you'll like it here, so again, welcome aboard. Now we just have to get you a 3D printer!! :haha: :haha: :haha:
Hello Gary, great to meet you here! The welcomes here are awesome and I feel obliged of course to make my small contributions. I will post some pics here and explain which camera, lenses, settings point of view and software I use.

Photographing military models is for me a fantastic creative possibility to show to the tank in all its glory and hopefully it will be of use for some people here. :D
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Marco Peter wrote:Hartelijk Welkom Seb4!
Bedankt Marco!
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Welcome aboard old bean :wave:

Now begins the slippery slope to tankmaggedon @) @) :O :O

Return to “Introduce Yourself”