Hello from Holland

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jwhas
Recruit

Hello from Holland

Post by jwhas »

Hello all, Thank you for letting me join this forum. I started the RC tank 1:16 hobby about a year ago by purchasing a used Tamiya Panzer IV and Tiger II. After that, the addiction hit in hard and since then I bought a number of used tanks. They are all project for upgrade of controls, gear, camo, functionality etc. First building project I started a few weeks ago, assembling a Jagdpanzer IV (L70V) from scratch parts and a conversion kit. I also like to see the genuine tanks on display worldwide. Looking forward to enjoy information of fellow tankers and possibly share some of my own experiences.
Attachments
My Jagdpanzer IV project - Jagdtiger in Russian Patriot museum - tank collection
My Jagdpanzer IV project - Jagdtiger in Russian Patriot museum - tank collection
7C1158E3-02F9-47CA-A071-AC4A3C3CB583.jpeg (89.83 KiB) Viewed 883 times
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hello from Holland

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Starting the hobby with a Tamiya Pz IV is very impressive, as Tamiya is still the brand against which all others have to be compared. Finding a used Pz IV here in the UK would be like finding King Arthur's 'excalibur'.. :haha:
They are very rare, and still prohibitively expensive second hand (or 'preloved' as some people say these days..)
Anyway, do send pics of your progress, and share your problems too. You'll often find workable solutions here. :thumbup:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Brilliant work and most excellent subject matter. A big welcome from the United states. Glad to have you along. Please take the time to share more photos of your favorite builds.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jwhas
Recruit

Hello from Holland

Post by jwhas »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Starting the hobby with a Tamiya Pz IV is very impressive, as Tamiya is still the brand against which all others have to be compared. Finding a used Pz IV here in the UK would be like finding King Arthur's 'excalibur'.. :haha:
They are very rare, and still prohibitively expensive second hand (or 'preloved' as some people say these days..)
Anyway, do send pics of your progress, and share your problems too. You'll often find workable solutions here. :thumbup:
Thank you, but I can’t accept all the credits; I bought all of them and just modified some of them. The Jagdpanzer IV is going to be my first self built tank, which is slowly progressing. Image
Changing the original tank exhaust to double pipe version.

PS I am looking for the metal front (engine inspection) hatches. They are not the same as for the standard P-IV (see my post in the HL P-IV section)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Wonderful work on the jags Panzer iv !
Like the mods you have done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther