Hi from Northampton

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Peewee197
Recruit

Hi from Northampton

Post by Peewee197 »

Hi all, I've recently discovered the whole RC tank scene after attending wicksteed at war earlier in the year. I'm currently looking at purchasing a tank myself as this hobby has everything I've been interested in. Tanks (I play alot of world of tanks on Xbox) models (I enjoy modeling mainly air though) and RC (I raced alot of different RC cars over the years). Whilst I'm here can I just ask if anyone knows of a club around the Northampton Northamptonshire area also what tank would you recommend to me?

Many thanks all and happy tanking
Peewee
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hi from Northampton

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome PeeWee, there should be plenty here to whet your whistle, so to speak :thumbup: :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap: I shall start with a couple of words of warning,
First this hobby can get very expensive and second there are some real crooks out there who will take your money and if you are lucky deliver a damaged Tank and if you are unlucky you will get nothing, :thumbdown:
Avoid "Nitrotek" like the plague there are others,
Embrace---
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
And
http://www.rctank.de
They are straight up dealers who have your best interests at heart. They will sell you a Tank and later when you come to upgrade it they will have all that you need to do so.
Ask us all the questions you want and if you know stuff let us know,
The strength of the Forum is the contribution all the members make to it so SPEAK UP :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome. There's the Grantham meet, and Dave (Forgebear) isn't that far from you: it was mostly Grantham members at Wicksteed.
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

Welcome to the forum
The next Grantham meeting is 2nd December
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
Peewee197
Recruit

Post by Peewee197 »

Many thanks for the warm welcome, I will definitely check that meet out in Grantham

Return to “Introduce Yourself”