Newbie from sweden

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Pebbe302
Recruit

Newbie from sweden

Post by Pebbe302 »

Hello tankers!

Newbie here. Been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now and Im looking forward to learn from you guys.

I did some modelling when I was a kid, 30 years ago. My rc experience is limited to flying rtf drones, so everything here is new to me.

So for now Im aming at the smaller scale tanks. Something I can drive in my home.

I bought my first tank recently, a torro 1/24 T-34. Its nice looking but slow and moves a bit jerky.

I just ordered i Tamiya 1/25 centurion mrk.III building kit. Thought that building one by myself would be a good way to learn how rc tanks work.

So although I have only been in the hobby for a couple of weeks i have learned the following:

1 You get what you pay for.
2 wooden floors and tanks, how ever small they might be, dont mix well :haha:
Last edited by Pebbe302 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fov T34
Tamiya Centurion mk.III
Vstank JGSDF90
Vstank M1A2 Abrams
Pebbe302
Recruit

Re: Newbie from sweden

Post by Pebbe302 »

:haha: Thanks for the warm welcome :clap: As for the bigger tanks..well I spent most of the evening looking at a taigen T34 thats out there for a really nice price...and theres a Heng Long Leopard 2...and theres a.... :/
Fov T34
Tamiya Centurion mk.III
Vstank JGSDF90
Vstank M1A2 Abrams
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Welcome to the house of fun :crazy: :crazy: shortly to be followed by the diminishing bank balance :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

But as they say, there are worse things to spend your groats on @) @)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Gday Mr 302 from the sunny Gold Coast of Australia out of New Zealand!
I hope you are going to pop
Out an S-tank sometime soon ?!!
Great to have you along, pictures when you can, we like those a real lot .
I believe you may be the first Swede here, so now we finally have a person to hang ABBA references on :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Mama Mia, my my, here we go again....

Like, somebody had to be the first @) @)
Pebbe302
Recruit

Post by Pebbe302 »

Hahaha, thank you guys for the heart warming welcome. This might just be my kind of forum :haha:

Yes, ABBA, IKEA, the wrench, dynamite, meatballs and the dialysis machine were all invented by swedes...and on the other end of the scale theres me, hardly able to paint my models :crazy:

Well the STRV 103 will be more for me to chew on than I can handle at this point. But Im going to attempt to paint the Tamiya Centurion in a swedish M90 pattern as it was in our army as the STRV 101,102,104 and as the 105, depending on modifications.
Fov T34
Tamiya Centurion mk.III
Vstank JGSDF90
Vstank M1A2 Abrams

Return to “Introduce Yourself”