Hi from Swindon

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
davejay
Recruit

Hi from Swindon

Post by davejay »

Hi all,
New to rc tanks but not rc or modelling or tanks!
Been static modelling for some time (aircraft, cars and military) and dabbled in rc over the years with aircraft (limited success, kept crashing), boats (kept sinking!) and cars.
Always wanted a rc tank since I was 11 (over 4 decades) but always seemed to be out of reach financially until now thanks to Heng long and an employer that likes to pay me quite well!
Purchased a Heng long Tiger 1 pro last week, had a little go but not a serious go with it yet.
Fairly impressed but already looking at upgrades. New lights and machine gun already waiting to be fitted. Recoil unit and metal barrel on order. Need to get rid of that awful chassis recoil (so unrealistic).......how do I do that?
Looking at upgrading what I can, new chassis, metal wheels etc.

Anyway, that's me........a 52 year old water utility technician from sunny Swindon!

All the best, Dave
Tanks for the memory?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hi from Swindon

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Welcome to the forum Dave :wave: loads of upgrades available for the tiger, take a look at the heng long section of the site for plenty of tips and advice for tricking your new tiger out, post some pics of it when you get the time :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

:wave: Welcome Dave im also from swindon mate.this is a mad bonkers hobby but worth it :thumbup: :thumbup:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
davejay
Recruit

Post by davejay »

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.
This rc tank thing can become quite all consuming.

Feeling quite content tonight as I earlier picked up a bargain in the shape of a Taigen plastic upper hull and metal turret with turned barrel. Looking at fitting the recoil unit winging its way to me to replace the BB unit.

Does the Taigen upper hull differ from the Heng long one??
And how do these things come apart??

Thanks again for the welcome :D I

P.S Ruben, where in Swindon are you?

Cheers, Dave
Tanks for the memory?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”