Old newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Cliffrose
Recruit

Old newbie

Post by Cliffrose »

Hi all
My name is Cliff I have been playing around with military stuff dice I came out of the mob years ago
I am playing around with some tanks now so at some time I will be asking advice
Cheers
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Old newbie

Post by Max-U52 »

Hi, Cliff. Welcome aboard from Detroit. Where are you located? What tanks are you playing with? Scale? I'm into 1/16 and 1/6 mainly, with the occasional foray into 1/72. What kind of military stuff were you playing with? I was mostly into aircraft, WWII, fighters in the larger scales, like 1/32 and 1/24. I also played about a bit with armor, both 1/35 and 1/48. Then I discovered tanks and got hooked, and about a year ago I bought a 3D printer so now I'm also playing with military trucks, too. As I write this the printer is making me some wheel rims for my WC64 ambulance, and I've also got a WC51 weapons carrier and a CCKW deuce and a half in the works. The dream is to someday build an entire tank supported meillerwagen convoy with a V2 rocket that actually launches. Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big, eh?

Pictures of your stuff are always welcome, as well as video. Especially video! 8)

Here's just a couple photos of some of mine, so now show me yours? :haha:

The markings on the Hetzer were just temporary, just getting an amusing shot for a Buddy. And yes, that Hetzer shoots .50 caliber paintballs!! Woo Hoo! :wtf: :crazy:

And one from the aircraft days?

And the start of the ambulance.

There are a lot of great guys here that will be happy to advise all ya need, when the time comes. 8) :wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Welcome to the forum, and trust me, there is no such thing as 'old' in this hobby, and never be afraid to ask questions on the forum, someone, somewhere will know the answer, and will be more than happy to help. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
RubiconRanger
Recruit

Post by RubiconRanger »

Welcome Cliff!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
A long time ago, in the mountains far, far away...
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Cliff, good to have you along , great forum and members with plenty of tips tricks and advice so take a look around and ask away :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”