Hello from Merseyside - HL tanks issues

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Wilky21
Recruit

Hello from Merseyside - HL tanks issues

Post by Wilky21 »

Hello- I should say I am a novice compared to yourselves I imagine, but any amount of advice will be most welcome really.
To be brief I bought a HL 2.4 gHZ Leo 2A6 stock tank,and decided on an upgrade,so new steel gears in, RX 18 out, bought a Turnigy 9x 8 channel and a Turnigy receiver from Immortal Hobbies ( they seem to have gone to ground ?)-plus programming stuff etc- in fact they flashed the set etc and they put a video on YouTube under ‘HL 2A6’ allegedly with my handset and re river in one of their tanks working OK.
Two years later I have returned to actually complete this job, after consulting every article,video, and forum and seller- but as everything is connected still nothing as in zero activity from anythin, apart from a faint buzz from the new Visaton FR7, which soon vanished- and yes the battery is well charged I think.
I must be doing something wrong,or have missed the plot entirely- are there any kind souls out there that can rescue me and this poor tank from obscurity.
Thank you all —A.
Wilky21
Recruit

Re: Hello from Merseyside - HL tanks issues

Post by Wilky21 »

Wilky21 wrote:Hello- I should say I am a novice compared to yourselves I imagine, but any amount of advice will be most welcome really.
To be brief I bought a HL 2.4 gHZ Leo 2A6 stock tank,and decided on an upgrade,so new steel gears in, RX 18 out, bought a Turnigy 9x 8 channel and a Turnigy receiver from Immortal Hobbies ( they seem to have gone to ground ?)-plus programming stuff etc- in fact they flashed the set etc and they put a video on YouTube under ‘HL 2A6’ allegedly with my handset and re river in one of their tanks working OK.
Two years later I have returned to actually complete this job, after consulting every article,video, and forum and seller- but as everything is connected still nothing as in zero activity from anythin, apart from a faint buzz from the new Visaton FR7, which soon vanished- and yes the battery is well charged I think.
I must be doing something wrong,or have missed the plot entirely- are there any kind souls out there that can rescue me and this poor tank from obscurity.
Thank you all —A.
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Re: Hello from Merseyside - HL tanks issues

Post by Afrikakorps »

Hello Wilky21,
welcome aboard.
If you follow the forumand contribute to it you tend to get more help. Its just that most members like some interaction rather than being an answering machine / problem solver to newcomers who leave as soon as they have found out what they need. BUT don't let that put you off from enjoying the wealth of knowledge from our collective members.
As for your problem, first let me ask what electronics are you using ?
You said "RX 18 out" but did not say what your set up consists off.
Lets start there.
Cheers
Afrikakorps
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1