New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
davidhath1066
Recruit

Post by davidhath1066 »

Good morning to you, thank you for allowing me to join your group.
My main interest is 1/16th scale Tiger tank (of course) although I do have a Robbe U47 Submarine, being built as we speak.
I have about 10 or so tanks, mainly Heng Long but 1 Tamiya they have all been moded to suit my Interest (Michael Wittmann) my lastest is '007' in a completely battle worn condition.

My first question and cry for help :-) although an agile 70 year old, some things do stump me such as, I purchased an older version of Heng Long Tiger 1 which has been converted to use the 'Clark' system, this is really a great improvement however before I open it up to look deeper is it possible to get 'add-on's' for this system, as although everything works fine but with the old Heng Long it didn't have a M/G or smoke unit, I do now have the M/G noise but no actual M/G that flashes?

Regards
David
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: New Member

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Welcome to the forum from another 70 year old, (71 actually) though not so agile. If your Heng Long Tiger has a Clark board inside, then you can certainly add machine gun and smoke unit. The smoke unit may need some bodywork alterations. Have a look here https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/c2/Tiger_I.html
Forgebear is one of our most trusted traders and a member of the forum. Another member, Tankbear, has this site https://www.rctankelectronics.com/ Smokers can be found on both sites. A word of warning, browsing forgebear's site can lead to a severe reduction in wealth. If you can't find what you are looking for, just ask and it's amazing what he can get hold of.

You do not say whether your tanks are BB firers or set up with IR for tank battling, with or without recoil and main gun flash. Any further information and photos are always good. The more we know, the easier it is for us to point you in the right direction, though with 10 tanks to your name, you may not need much help.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New Member

Post by 971wright »

Hi From another old fart, Yes it is possible to get your MG flashing ,the 8 pin socket on the Clarke board,has two connections on there which make the gun flash,If you live near one of the clubs, BAD is around Bristol Glad is at Grantham and LAD is Preston and Manchester. A visit to any of the clubs can save you a fortune also find out which is the best and cheapest way to upgrade and fix tanks

regards pete

Return to “Introduce Yourself”