New Member Gloucestershire

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Dark46
Lance Corporal

New Member Gloucestershire

Post by Dark46 »

Hi I've just joined the forums. I've been making models for over 40 years, but this doesn't mean in any good LOL . I've just bought my first RC tanks. I've bought 2 Hang Long King Tigers.
One early turret and the other is the production turret. I bought the early turret first. The plan is to get used to these, control wise. Then move on to building a Tamiya kit 1:16.

I'm looking to weather these models to as no model tank looks
right fresh out the factory. So I'm hoping to pick up loads of hints and tips.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
c.rainford73
Major

Re: New Member Gloucestershire

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hello and welcome to the forum from the United States. Glad to have you aboard. With your years of experience we may soon be asking you for advice

Please post up some photos of your handiwork once your tigers are weathered.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Welcome to the forum Dark46, take a look at the heng long sections of the site if you havnt already done so, plenty of info and advice on upgrades/fixes etc, you'll find mostly everything you need to know within these pages including some excellently painted and weathered tanks :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap: I know you will have questions and with your experience we may be asking you questions :lolno:
There is a healthy RC Club near you, just go to the menu and look for "Clubs around the World" for details,
Enjoy this place,
Although some of us seem to get far too much pleasure from it in my opinion (I think their foreigners, Us Brits do not enjoy pleasure as is well known) :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Hi and welcome. Whereabouts in Gloucestershire are you? If it is within a reasonable distance you might care to come along to a BAD meeting, which is held in Corsham. The next is on September 2nd. Details are on the Forum.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Thanks for the Welcomes guys. I will take a look at the sections you've mentioned above. I've recently looked at a load of videos on tube which have been very informative.
I just hope my ambitions don't out way my abilities.

I'm in Quedgeley in Gloucester. My biggest problems with clubs is that I work nights. But at the moment the starting time can anywhere between 20:30 and 23:00, but I don't know until that evening.

I've got nothing on Sept 2nd so will put that in my calender and will hope to get there in the afternoon.

I've just started to buy tools again and any recommendations for spray guns and compressors will be gratefully received.

Once again thanks for the welcomes and speak to you soon
Last edited by Dark46 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along mate from the Gold Coast of Australia via New Zealand :thumbup:
Heng Long are sold as toys, but they really are an entry level into RC Tanks in 1/16th that allow for so many modifications and parts upgrades from a vista of suppliers that support the make very well.
Shame some Tamiya versions are out dated and lack easy to access upgrade parts.........not sold/priced as toys, but conversely poorly supported.

Rest assured, your tank can be made to exceed any other given the right mix of research, determination and enjoyment.

Pictures when you can, pictures are worth a thousand poorly spelt and equally gramatically incorrect phrases says I.!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

happytank wrote:Henglong rc in the manual not that debate again!
The salesperson might say,i got this one or this one.
What ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi Mr Dark. Welcome to a hobby where's there's lots of skilled modelling and not nearly enough social gatherings! If you have a nearby club you are very lucky. Use it!

The HL King Tigers are both very beautiful objects, capturing the presence and size of the teal thing. If you bought the models that had the ver5.3 radio gear fitted (that's the black plastic 2.4ghz transmitter with silver label inserts on the front / 2 sound sets to choose from) then you have a correct set of sounds for the KT engine. The turbine option is for the Leopard.

I now have 4 of these beauties in my fleet of military models, 2 'Porsche' turrets and 2 Henchel, two of which are in winter white overspray camo.

40 years is only 20 less than myself (!) but I've only been in RC for the past 20 and in Tanks / Military trucks just 2 years. My ambition is to design and create the perfect driving control system but I'm still wading through proprietary stuff (Iike HL) and starting to explore the more open options. That's one of the best aspects of this hobby - its still fairly young and the best is yet to come.

But what about you, how have you been misspending the past 40yrs??Image

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

hi and welcome to the forum

Return to “Introduce Yourself”