New Member Gloucestershire

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Re: New Member Gloucestershire

Post by Dark46 »

Quite a varied gathering from around the planet. It's good to know people everywhere have simular interests.

You will have to forgive my grammar which to be honest doesn't my head in. Things don't look right and I changed it and it still looks wrong.! Being dyslexic can be very frustrating.

As soon as I sort out some decent photos and worked our how to shrink them to a size that the forum allows they will appear.

General Jumbo1 the Tigers in snow look fantastic. My K Tiger with the production turret gas the 2 different sounds , and the early turret is the model before with the single sound and 5he gun .ovenent that cycles up and down.

Hmm the last 40 years have gone through faxes as one does. Firstly my brother and I found Airfix and started straight on aircraft , then went to tanks then ships and back to tanks. We ended up with remote controlled tanks. Unfortunately we didnt make the remote controlled ones. To be honest I can't remember how we got them lol. But I had a King Tiger with production turret, also a Tiger 1. My brother had a Panther and a Jagdpanther.

I then had a spell on scalextric but wasn't happy with the handling and experimented by trying to put ground effect on my Ligier JS17. It work to a certain degree.

From here it was to model railways, but when ever I tried to build anything and got stuck Dad seemed to take over hmm.

Then girls came on the seen!

Once that was sorted , cars took over . Not good when someone tries to dust your model and breaks off a mirror!

Unfortunately last year my wife died at the age of 47 .

Now with trying to keep myself busy I've come back to modelling. Tanks it has to be to be honest always has been and will never loose interest.

Herman Box, hi a fantastic area in the world you live in. Earlier in the year (March) I was in Perth, Melbourne and New Zealand and hope to be back in 2020.

I've been looking at some of the mods that be done and really can't wait to get stuck in. Its really amazing what can be achieved.
Attachments
20180810_152652-768x1024.jpg
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Sizing photos was my first stumble here, but if you use Taptalk (free to download) it makes it easy to add pics at the end of your post, as here. Not ideal, but it will do me for now!

Your wide spread of modelling seems to mirror mine to quite an extent - we should try to never meet, we'd bore everyone to sleep!

The photo? A highly customised Big Loader from the late '70s. I'll model anything!!Image

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

I was looking more at your lava lamp LOL
General Jumbo01

It's my son's, but I'm still looking for one of those wave thingies, the rocking oil based wave maker. Can't find them anywhere!

Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

I've just ordered a TK24 board to go in the earlier turret KT.
There was only 1 available so it will have to do. Plus I have only one reciever for the spectrum transmitter. So the other one will have to wait.
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Woo that's cool
General Jumbo01

These, like lava lamps and light carrying filament lamps were about around '69 when l was still at design college and had all the tools to make them but l never got around to making one - far to expensive to buy one on a student grant! I'm tempted now!! Thanks for the link. But enough - we must not hijack threads.

BTW, breaking news this morning - l reckon this is a road rage incident, brought on by bloody annoying cyclists??? ;)

Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Ooo DId someone mention cycling? Best not go there lol :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”