New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Bob Andrews
Recruit

Post by Bob Andrews »

Good afternoon all,I've just joined this site and already am really surprised at how much is on it.just a bit about me,I was in the army for 24 years as an infantry soldier although armoured vehicles have always been a favourite subject for me.at present I have a Tamiya King Tiger,a Tamiya sherman(the one with the very early computer control) a Tamiya Leopard 2a6 and my latest one the Henglong Challenger2.They all run and the Challnger 2 has been undergoing some up armouring and other mods to the gearbox and suspension units.its a good runner but not in the Tamiya class yet.The overall shape is good but the insides lack the Tamiya finesse. 8)
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: New member

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Welcome on board Bob, I'm new here myself. Have you been into model making / RC for a while then? Your list of vehicles suggests so (or a recent, sudden obsession!). The real giveaway though was "not in the Tamiya class yet", suggesting a list of mods exists for the Challenger2. That's what we like to hear - that's where the fun starts. Any pictures so far?

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard. It's always good to get another member with prior RC experience. Where are you located?

When I tell people that I served in the army they tend to ask if it was Union or Confederate? I guess I'm not as young as I used to be. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Welcome Bob. Nice collection.

Where are you based?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”