Salutations

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
corbyspencer
Recruit

Salutations

Post by corbyspencer »

Hi All

Having been roundly rollocked here is my intro.

I am a 67 year old disabled gentleman currently living in Notts UK, I am not now able to build model railways so have reverted to playing with RC tanks having a life long fascination with the King Tiger.

Most of my working life was spent working and developing renewable energy, an accident sadly brought to an end a highly satisfying and challenging occupation.

Ice cream sadly is off the menu due to being diabetic but I do like roast beef and mint sauce.

My participation in this forum is due to my lack of expertise in RC which is not like DCC which I am very competent in.

My apologies for the offense caused I trust this will suffice.

Corbyspencer
http://www.trainsndcc.com
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Salutations

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You caused no offence,
I suspect you did not get the introductory PM from one of our mandarins or perhaps like me when I joined I did not know I had been sent one ,
Found it a year later when I put my feet in the water of sending PMs myself and there it was waiting patiently for me.
So you know little about RC :clap: You are in very good company,
If smoke comes out from anywhere other than the smoke unit you just cocked it up is my rule of thumb, :shh:
Do you have a King Tiger yet? If not PLEASE DONT buy it from NITROTEK or TANKZONE they have a reputation :thumbdown:
Dave @
www.forgebeartanks.com
Dom @
www.rctank.de
Are both highly reputable dealers who will give you a good deal unless of course you are one of our many lottery winners then a Tamiya is the only way to go, Axels in Germany come with a good name,
Enjoy this place and NOW feel free to ask all the questions you like who knows one of us might even have an answer :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi from another newcomer. If you can fit a sound dcc chip in a OO dock shunter you'll find fiddling around inside a roomy 1/16 King Tiger a doddle. A lot of the skills required are the same and the best bit is that you don't have to follow the rails! That said, on a cold, wet winter evening there's a lot to be said for settling down with a pint in one hand and your dcc controller in the other! Keeps those bearing from binding...

Now l guess you know what forums are lIke - ask a question and get five different answers (opinions), so best of luck! In my opinion, there's little to match the look of a KT so l reckon you got that right. All you have to do now is decide on which turret to fit - the Krupps Porsche or Henshel design...or both!

Great hobby, enjoy your retirement [WHITE SMILING FACE]Image

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
corbyspencer
Recruit

Post by corbyspencer »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Hi from another newcomer. If you can fit a sound dcc chip in a OO dock shunter you'll find fiddling around inside a roomy 1/16 King Tiger a doddle. A lot of the skills required are the same and the best bit is that you don't have to follow the rails! That said, on a cold, wet winter evening there's a lot to be said for settling down with a pint in one hand and your dcc controller in the other! Keeps those bearing from binding...

Now l guess you know what forums are lIke - ask a question and get five different answers (opinions), so best of luck! In my opinion, there's little to match the look of a KT so l reckon you got that right. All you have to do now is decide on which turret to fit - the Krupps Porsche or Henshel design...or both!
I have the Torro henschel metal turret version got it from Tankzone whom I have had no issues with Nitrotek however are not good had a successful 100% Paypal refund from them do not touch with someone elses barge pole.
Great hobby, enjoy your retirement [WHITE SMILING FACE]Image

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
I am used to installing in N gauge even fitting one in the Tomix Thomas the tank engine that was a bit of a squeeze. The 00 stuff is easy have done many for Brother in Law.
corbyspencer
Recruit

Post by corbyspencer »

jarndice wrote:Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You caused no offence,
I suspect you did not get the introductory PM from one of our mandarins or perhaps like me when I joined I did not know I had been sent one ,
Found it a year later when I put my feet in the water of sending PMs myself and there it was waiting patiently for me.
So you know little about RC :clap: You are in very good company,
If smoke comes out from anywhere other than the smoke unit you just cocked it up is my rule of thumb, :shh:
Do you have a King Tiger yet? If not PLEASE DONT buy it from NITROTEK or TANKZONE they have a reputation :thumbdown:
Nitrotek are a bunch of crooks, Kin from Tankzone however I have found helpful and honest
Dave @
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
Dom @
http://www.rctank.de
Are both highly reputable dealers who will give you a good deal unless of course you are one of our many lottery winners then a Tamiya is the only way to go, Axels in Germany come with a good name,
Enjoy this place and NOW feel free to ask all the questions you like who knows one of us might even have an answer :haha:
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome. If you're mobile there's a meet just north of Grantham first Sunday of the month unless it moves...... Next one should be around the 5th.

What did you do re the renewable energy? I get involved in some of the design every now and again courtesy of the day job.
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

Welcome be careful of the king tigers I started with 1 now I have 4 full and 2 upper hull of different types including prototype and paper designs but they are one of them interesting tanks

Hope to see you at the Grantham meeting on the 5th
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75