RC TANK CLUBS NEAR ME

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
widowmaker66
Recruit

RC TANK CLUBS NEAR ME

Post by widowmaker66 »

Hi my name is Maya and i live in south east london and im looking to find any rc tank clubs near me can anyone help me
jarndice
Colonel

Re: RC TANK CLUBS NEAR ME

Post by jarndice »

Hi Maya Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
There are RC Tank Clubs in Worthing and at Royal Tunbridge Wells, Nothing closer at the moment.
Of course you could always set one up yourself that is how they usually begin,
What Tank/s if any do you have,
How long have you suffered from this sickness we call a Hobby,
It being an extremely expensive pastime I am assuming you are a lottery winner :haha: or a retired bank robber :crazy:
I am sure you have a lot of questions, so go ahead ask,
We don't know much about mountaineering but 1/16 Armour is something we can help with,
Enjoy the Forum I do sometimes :lolno:
RC Tank club details can be found if you scroll down the Forum Menu to Clubs around the World.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

jarndice wrote:We don't know much about mountaineering but 1/16 Armour is something we can help with,
That's just the GLAD club members, most of the rest of us can recognise a hill when we see one! :D Welcome.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rob in an earlier part of a very full life I had the honour of serving alongside the Ghurka's in Nepal,
Thats what I meant by Mountains :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Pak36
Private

Post by Pak36 »

London needs a tank club....I'm living ( if you can call it that ) in North London whereI have a fine view of the distant mountains of Hertfordshire just across the M25. When the smoke clears anyway. Here I can sit in my garden and admire the view, listening to the birds cough.

But.....I just settle for 'online clubs' like this.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I guess that if you have a park nearby that has a free car park, that's easy to access from a major motorway (like a junction off the M25) then all you have to do is suggest a meeting time and date, giving a few weeks warning so people get a chance to see your post, get in in their diary etc, ask forum members to respond on the forum so you can get an idea of who to expect, ask them to put the word around.....then turn up with fingers crossed!

It doesn't matter how many of us do this, where or how often. If we can identify a few potential groups in a given area while we have some summer left, you'll (we'll) have the basis for hiring out a hall or two for winter meets.

Anything is possible, but someone has to take the initiative!

I went to a scale model exhibition today - the one l mentioned elsewhere where the organiser declined my offer of a few scale RC models. Good show, but dull as dishwater. Most of the guys l spoke to couldn't see the value of making their beautiful models come to life, though one chap offered to see how far his superb large scale Catalina would glide across the car park - apparently his wife was sick and tired of it sitting on the coffee table and dominating their lounge!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Introduce Yourself”